Thread: Request - Adjust fonts in the java app.

Default Request - Adjust fonts in the java app.

I have a brand new laptop: 4k screen! Beautiful after 8 years, except for starting KoLMafia. The relay browser is not an issue.

This defaults to native resolution, or close to it. This means the font in the app is about 1mm in height for the capital letters. Not an issue if I was in my 20s but I'm in late 50s and my eyes are not like they used to be. This is very, very hard to read.

Can we get a setting that allows the java app to have larger fonts for the visually impaired? Or hit me with the clue bat on the settings I missed?

openjdk 11.0.6 is what I'm using for my java binary if it's any help.

Thanks,

David
    Last edited by djve; 03-24-2020 at 12:34 AM.

I'm moving this to Community Suport. There are two threads there about this issue.

Upgraded Computer New Screen Resolution Makes Mafia Almost Unuable
    Adjust Text-Size in Mafia Interface

Near I can tell, this is an issue with Windows systems, there are workarounds you can make to your Java environment, and there is nothing whatsoever we can do to our .jar files to make this work for you. Can you confirm that you are running on Windows?

FWIW, on my Mac Mini running OS-X 10.14.6, my monitor is 1920x1080 - half the resolution in both axes as 4K - but I saw no display issues in KoLmafia when I upgraded to that from a smaller, less resolute, screen.

This is an OS (or Java support for an OS) issue.
    Last edited by Veracity; 03-24-2020 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks for that. I had no problems with a 2k screen either. It gets to be an issue when going to 4k.

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04, not windows. But it's still an interesting issue.

According to this java ticket, perhaps Java 9 would solve this issue for Windows and Linux.
    Of course we just recently set up our compile and target environment to be Java 8.

I answered elsewhere. But the problem went away on Windows about Java 9 so I would focus on differences between Oracle Java and OpenJDK and whether the OS is running on the hardware or in a virtual environment.