Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bird-A-Day calendar

Code:
    cast 1 null
    --------------------
    2551	Blessing of the Chilling Enchanted Treasure Warbler	findbird.gif	8de6fb855433dc4b90fb4dbc2a5c919d
    Effect	Blessing of the Chilling Enchanted Treasure Warbler	Mysticality Percent: +50, Cold Resistance: +2, Item Drop: +30, Damage Absorption: +100, Damage Reduction: 5
    --------------------
    You acquire an effect: Blessing of the Chilling Enchanted Treasure Warbler (10)
    You need to click the use link on the IotM every day to acquire the new skill. I would suggest adding this to breakfast as a QoL upgrade.

Actually scratch that, apparently just using the IotM changes any remaining turns of the buff to the new buff.
    Last edited by Malibu Stacey; 01-10-2020 at 07:01 AM.

There also may be changes, as the response to this IOTM has been quite negative so far.
    Originally Posted by fredg1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what is your source? Is this based upon clan or GD discussions or public pronouncements from Asymmetric employees or what? Any chance you have access to ITOM sale data and it is trending lower than usual?
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

I bet the unopened Bird-a-Day calendar will soon become a Free Pull; they always do that for bind-on-use IOTMs and they always forget to put it on when it is first released.
    it's an auto-pull
    Originally Posted by fredg1 View Post
    I just ascended with an unopened Bird-a-Day calendar in inventory.
    It is now in storage, just as I predicted.
    It is not an auto-pull.

It is also not yet a Free Pull. I submitted a Bug Report to KoL about that, since all previous bind-on-use IOTMs are Free Pulls.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Just out of curiosity, what is your source? Is this based upon clan or GD discussions or public pronouncements from Asymmetric employees or what? Any chance you have access to ITOM sale data and it is trending lower than usual?
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I think it's probably a combination of

Aenimus has been quite open about it's lack of power in the #iotm-discussion channel.

Personally I think it's fine. Not everything has to be Source Terminal/Smithsness level of brokenness but there's no pleasing some people.

I think it's probably a combination of

Aenimus has been quite open about it's lack of power in the #iotm-discussion channel.

Personally I think it's fine. Not everything has to be Source Terminal/Smithsness level of brokenness but there's no pleasing some people.
    Originally Posted by Malibu Stacey View Post
    Thanks. Underpowered makes sense especially if you have lots of shineys but I have not seen a lot of cases where TPTB makes significant changes in response to complaints. Since that possibility was implied it made me wonder if there were places I should pay attention to :-)
    Well, thank you.

Thanks. Underpowered makes sense especially if you have lots of shineys but I have not seen a lot of cases where TPTB makes significant changes in response to complaints. Since that possibility was implied it made me wonder if there were places I should pay attention to :-)
    Originally Posted by fronobulax View Post
    I think people are recalling what happened with the rune spoon getting the ability to change your moon sign after it had been out a few months and thinking since the level of whelmedness of this IotM is similar to how that was, (even though the rune spoon was intended as a path specific IotM for 2CRS) then there may be some buffing also happening to this if they whine enough about it. Certainly there's been grumbling of that ilk in the #iotm-discussion channel on ASS Discord.

Hell someone in my clan wanted a refund on the Mr A they used to get the Beach Comb because the Beach Combo skill was changed to 1/combat rather than unlimited so maybe I'm the weird one.

Code:
    cast 1 null
    --------------------
    2551	Blessing of the Southern Illinois Scream Firebird	findbird.gif	8de6fb855433dc4b90fb4dbc2a5c919d
    Effect	Blessing of the Southern Illinois Scream Firebird	Hot Resistance: +3, Monster Level: +20, Damage Absorption: +100, Damage Reduction: 5
    --------------------
    You acquire an effect: Blessing of the Southern Illinois Scream Firebird (10)
    Code:
    cast 1 null
    --------------------
    2551	Blessing of the Great Speedy Lizard Owl	findbird.gif	8de6fb855433dc4b90fb4dbc2a5c919d
    Effect	Blessing of the Great Speedy Lizard Owl	Mysticality Percent: +150, Initiative: +50, MP Regen Min: 10, MP Regen Max: 20
    --------------------
    You acquire an effect: Blessing of the Great Speedy Lizard Owl (10)
    Code:
    cast 1 null
    --------------------
    2551	Blessing of the Jaunty Fire-fronted Scream Tanager	findbird.gif	8de6fb855433dc4b90fb4dbc2a5c919d
    Effect	Blessing of the Jaunty Fire-fronted Scream Tanager	Moxie Percent: +50, Hot Resistance: +3, Monster Level: +15, Damage Absorption: +100, Damage Reduction: 5
    --------------------
    You acquire an effect: Blessing of the Jaunty Fire-fronted Scream Tanager (10)
    Code:
    cast 1 null
    --------------------
    2551	Blessing of the Merlin's Furtive Corpse Thrush	findbird.gif	8de6fb855433dc4b90fb4dbc2a5c919d
    Effect	Blessing of the Merlin's Furtive Corpse Thrush	Mysticality Percent: +75, Spooky Resistance: +1, Combat Rate: +0, MP Regen Min: 10, MP Regen Max: 20
    --------------------
    You acquire an effect: Blessing of the Merlin's Furtive Corpse Thrush (10)
    Code:
    cast 1 null
    --------------------
    2551	Blessing of the Fashionable Speedy Tomato Quail	findbird.gif	8de6fb855433dc4b90fb4dbc2a5c919d
    Effect	Blessing of the Fashionable Speedy Tomato Quail	Moxie Percent: +75, Hot Resistance: +1, Initiative: +75, Damage Absorption: +100, Damage Reduction: 5
    --------------------
    You acquire an effect: Blessing of the Fashionable Speedy Tomato Quail (10)
    Last edited by Malibu Stacey; 01-15-2020 at 06:32 AM.