New Content - Implemented December 2019 IotM - Red-Nosed Snapper

Ogrecrusher

Is anyone else's Snapper not counting Mer-kin kills properly? Eveything else I track seems to be fine, but when I swap to Mer-kin, first it stays a 0/11, then when I get the first drop it goes to -1/11.

I'm hesitant to call it a bug in case it's just something I screwed up.

Ogrecrusher

I've been having a similiar issue in tracking hobos in the town square of Hobopolis. I think it might be that mafia's not recognising them as Hobo type monsters.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When you see a Normal Hobo in the Hobopolis Town Square, what does it say under the monster name? That's where we annotate it with HP, Atk, Def - and element and phylum.

Ogrecrusher

When you see a Normal Hobo in the Hobopolis Town Square, what does it say under the monster name? That's where we annotate it with HP, Atk, Def - and element and phylum.

Yeah nothing there, that happened in Dread a while back too but seems fixed now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The issue was that we translated the image name to a monster name that didn't agree with the capitalization of the monster. I wonder if there are other monsters that have that issue?

Fun fact: the code in AdventureRequest that does that has the following comment:

Code:
		// You'd think that the following could/should be:
		// - in MonsterDatabase
		// - a Map lookup
One might think that: for the monsters that have multiple names that we disambiguate by image, make a map from image name to monster name. Or MonsterData. If done correctly, the result would always have the correct capitalization.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
Would it be possible to add (or is there already) a CLI command for changing the snapper's targeted phylum? I can construct the ASH:

Code:
ashq string phylum = "construct"; visit_url('familiar.php?action=guideme&pwd'); visit_url(`choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=1396&option=1&cat={phylum}`);

but I can't turn this into an alias because the string I want to change isn't at the end.

Also this doesn't update Mafia's tracking of the phylum until I refresh but that's less of an issue.

That can be aliased just fine:
Code:
alias whatever => ashq phylum phylum = $phylum[%%]; if ( use_familiar($familiar[red-nosed snapper]);) { visit_url('familiar.php?action=guideme&pwd'); visit_url(`choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=1396&option=1&cat={phylum}`);} else print("You don't have your snapper","red");

That said, a built-in command would not be unreasonable.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
In the latest revision, we now have a snapper [phylum] command
Great, now I can remove my alias!

There was always a small problem with the alias that seems to have made it through to the command as well: for mer-kin, the phylum name is "mer-kin", but the snapper wants "merkin".

This doesn't come up because I don't want to hunt merkin.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Great, now I can remove my alias!

There was always a small problem with the alias that seems to have made it through to the command as well: for mer-kin, the phylum name is "mer-kin", but the snapper wants "merkin".

This doesn't come up because I don't want to hunt merkin.
Thanks! r20730