Bug - Fixed refresh available familiars after breaking prism in license to adventure

taltamir

after breaking prism in license to adventure mafia (r19619) thinks I don't have any familiars

Code:
[COLOR=olive]> familiar xp skeleton;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You     don't have a xp skeleton for a familiar.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=olive]> familiar stooper;[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]You don't have a stooper for a familiar.[/COLOR]

Currently can be worked around by restarting mafia after breaking prism to refresh familiar availability
But it would be nice if it was done automatically

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I see the following:

Code:
		if ( restricted )
		{
			// All familiars can now be used
			RequestThread.postRequest( new FamiliarRequest() );
			GearChangeFrame.updateFamiliars();
In other words, while Licence to Adventure was the current seasonal path, this worked.
There's probably no reason we shouldn't do all of this, regardless of that.

taltamir

Thank you for the fix.

Also, this explains why this was not noticed before. if (restricted) checks if the path is under standard restrictions, because standard restrictions always limit which familiars you can have until you break roninin or break prism. So all paths that are current will always refresh the familiar list afterwards.

But once a path becomes an old path it no longer falls under standard restriction and thus no longer triggers that if function.
This is not an issue for paths where the only limit on famliar was that they had to be in standard.
But in a path that impose additional familiar limits (for example, "no familiars allowed at all". Like glover, actually ed, and license to adventure) then once such a path goes out of standard then does such a path develops this issue.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah. I looked at the rest of the stuff which is under !restricted and it had stuff like VIP key things, which I think already have their own !restricted checks.
So, I simply put the "no familiar" check under its own conditional.
We didn't have one already because other paths with no familiars were Avatar paths, and we handled them earlier.