Bug - Fixed Where There's Smoke... (Hippy Camp) is handled wrongly as a semi-rare

Malibu Stacey

https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Where_There's_Smoke..._(Hippy_Camp) getting this adventure triggers the semi-rare code probably because it's named exactly like the Copperhead semi-rare -> https://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Where_There's_Smoke..._(Semi-Rare)

Code:
[101] Hippy Camp In Disguise
Preference lastEncounter changed from What's Brown and Sounds Like a Parrot? to Where There's Smoke...
Encounter: Where There's Smoke...
Preference semirareCounter changed from 81 to 101
Preference semirareLocation changed from The Outskirts of Cobb's Knob to Hippy Camp In Disguise
Preference relayCounters changed from 264:Fortune Cookie:fortune.gif to 
Preference relayCounters changed from  to 261:Semirare window begin:lparen.gif
Preference relayCounters changed from 261:Semirare window begin:lparen.gif to 261:Semirare window begin:lparen.gif:301:Semirare window end loc=*:rparen.gif
You gain 22 Mysteriousness
You acquire an effect: Confused (3)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. encounters.txt has both location and encounter name stored, but we do not look at the location when looking up the encounter name.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have a fix for this, but I'll need to test it tomorrow with one of my characters which has an un-bombed-out hippy camp.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19591. Tested.

I ate a fortune cookie and got 3 counters.
I visited the Hippie Camp in disguise until I got the Where There's Smoke... encounter.
My counters were not affected.
I adventured elsewhere until my fortune cookie counter came up.
I adventured in the Copperhead Club and got the semirare.
My counters now say that I got my last semirare in the Copperhead Club.

Considering how useless the Hippie Camp in disguise seems (to me), I'm amazed you discovered this. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Looks like an issue for fewyn to check into, since the code is fine.

The error message was some kind of malformed network packet when trying to fetch the update from SF. There is a reasonable chance that the next SVN update would trigger a build that would work. I just haven't make up one yet :)

Malibu Stacey

Considering how useless the Hippie Camp in disguise seems (to me), I'm amazed you discovered this. :)

Believe me it was not intentional. I was testing some Ed changes to autoscend & it equipped the Hippy Outfit while trying to farm Ka. Test was successful in that it showed my change wasn't a good idea & to go back to my earlier iteration of closeting the pants when they drop so it can't equip the outfit until Ka farming is complete.