Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Mafia automatically using custom combat macro

I just went through an entire sequence at The Gourd, with 4 choice adventures and 19 combats. At the end, I got this:

Code:
    Previously seen:

You acquire an item: spider web [combine]
    You acquire an item: razor-sharp can lid
    You acquire an item: Knob Goblin firecracker [use]
    You acquire an item: fancy gourd potion [use]
    WIsh I'd found some of the rare items to pay for the jar of psychoses, but, hey - science!

I think that multi-fights and fights going to choices going to fights all are working the way I'd like them to work.

I think this is done.

- I refactored the "script" button in the relay browser to not kick off the fight in a different thread. This eliminates a lot of asynchrony, polling, artificial pauses, etc.
    - I synchronized usage of FightRequest.instance so that instance data from one fight couldn't leak into a fight running in anther thread.
    - I changed how & when we accumulate delayed use links. We collect them for all rounds of a script, even though you'll now see only the final page of the combat.
    - multi fights and multi choices that yield items should reliably accumulate everything seen for display in the Previously seen table at the end.
    - I cleaned up how we handle choices that lead to fights to, I believe, recognize that you are no longer in a choice.

Considering that I could not actually identify what caused the original report, I can't guarantee it's fixed, but hopefully the first two things I mentioned did it.

I've automated and run in the relay browser and everything seems to work the way I want. I've not seen my LOV script abort because it thought it was still in a choice.

I'm going to let this bake a couple more days, in case you-all notice anything weird.

But if everything looks good to you-all, I'll mark this fixed and spin release 19.9, which might be the final "official" point release, depending on how other things go in KoL-land.
    We'll see.

I am noticing that my script which runs the LOV is getting "A choice follows this fight immediately." when trying to take the choice following the second fight.
    Looking at the code, I cannot see how that is possible, given the ASH functions I am calling.
    But, this is new and repeatable, so I guess I need to turn on DEBUG logging and see what's up.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    As it turns out, it's not really repeatable, but I figured out the issue. It has nothing to do with my recent changes.

I'm in Marmot in aftercore for the first time since I've had this script. Marmot drops a ten-leaf clover, once a day. If it happens in the LOV tunnel, clover protection tries to kick in and "using" the clover fails because, as the message says, a choice immediately follows the fight where the clover dropped.

Revision 19558 will not attempt clover protection if a fight or choice immediately follows the fight that dropped the clover.
    I assume clover protection will kick in after the next fight finishes and it notices the clover.
    I bet it will run that fight with an intact clover, though. I wonder if I should try a deferred clover protect or if I shoould just make my script do it manually after the LOV tunnel is done.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.