Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia automatically using custom combat macro

Default Mafia automatically using custom combat macro

--Fighting using the Relay browser

--Combat Action bar enabled (may not be relevant)

When chaining multiple fights, if some of them (not even all of them!) were done using a Custom Combat Script (from the "Script" button, at the left of the Combat Action Bar, the shiny watch that turns to "again" once the fight is over), mafia will sometimes, at the start of a fight, just KNOW that you DEFINITELY will use the CCS again this fight and decides to BENEVOLENTLY do it for you, before you lift a finger.

It is easy to know when this occurs as you then get the "Not in a Fight" message... As well as noticing you are now beaten up, in most cases.

When the custom combat script is summoned normally:
    Code:
    [34091] Dreadsylvanian Woods
    Preference lastEncounter changed from Boilfur, Biter of Sloths to Voice of The Icy Vacuum Of Space
    Encounter: Voice of The Icy Vacuum Of Space
    Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190909013731 to 20190909014303
    Round 0: fredg1 wins initiative!
    You acquire an effect: Chilled to the Bone (1)
    Preference chilledToTheBone changed from 0 to 3
    Round 1: Tollace is looking a little thin.
    Round 1: fredg1 executes a macro!
    Round 1: fredg1 attacks!
    Round 2: cold bugbear takes 412 damage.
    Round 2: You lose 24 hit points
    Round 2: cold bugbear takes 14 damage.
    Round 2: You lose 11 hit points
    Round 2: fredg1 attacks!
    Round 3: cold bugbear takes 399 damage.
    Round 3: You lose 15 hit points
    Round 3: fredg1 attacks!
    Round 4: cold bugbear takes 408 damage.
    Round 4: An old Dreadsylvanian grandma gives you 2 kisses on the cheek.
    Round 4: fredg1 wins the fight!
    After Battle: Tollace hops around, dancing a jig accompanied by wet squelching noises.
    After Battle: An old Dreadsylvanian grandma gives you 2 kisses on the cheek.
    After Battle: You gain 33 Strengthliness
    After Battle: You gain 44 Mysteriousness
    After Battle: You gain 108 Cheek
    You acquire an item: stick of firewood
    Preference _boomBoxFights changed from 6 to 7
    Preference chilledToTheBone changed from 3 to 0
    When it acts on its own:
    Code:
    [34090] Dreadsylvanian Woods
    Preference lastEncounter changed from Blood of Flamethrowers to Boilfur, Biter of Sloths
    Encounter: Boilfur, Biter of Sloths
    Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190909013720 to 20190909013728
    Strategy: C:\Users\(expunged)\Kolmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]
    Round 1: Tollace is just skin and bones. Well, slime and slime, technically, but still -- you should feed him!
    Round 1: fredg1 casts WEAPON OF THE PASTALORD!
    Cannot find monster.
    Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190909013728 to 20190909013731
    Round 0: fredg1 loses initiative!
    Round 0: fredg1 attacks!
    KoLmafia thinks it is round 1 but KoL thinks it is round 2
    Round 2: takes 13 damage.
    Round 3: takes 155 damage.
    Round 3: You lose 25 hit points
    Round 3: takes 5 damage.
    Round 3: You lose 290 hit points
    [...]
    Round 14: fredg1 attacks!
    Round 15: takes 149 damage.
    Round 15: You lose 11 hit points
    Round 15: takes 3 damage.
    Round 15: You lose 290 hit points
    (dead)
    The fact those examples come from dreadsylvania is completely irrelevant; it happened in other locations.
    Last edited by fredg1; 09-09-2019 at 07:10 PM.

What do you mean by “chaining multiple fights”?
    I could not understand what happened in the second fight.

Actually, it instead seems like "it" always has a chance to occur the fight right after you used a custom combat macro (maybe it's tied to entering another fight too quickly?).

As for what happened:

[34090] Dreadsylvanian Woods
    Encounter: Boilfur, Biter of Sloths
    Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190909013720 to 20190909013728 <--- Combat initiated
    Strategy: C:\Users\(expunged)\Kolmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default] <--- "The glitch"

Round 0: fredg1 wins initiative! <--- Me selecting "weapon of the pastalord" on the combat action bar, followed by mafia processing it...
    Round 1: Tollace is just skin and bones. Well, slime and slime, technically, but still -- you should feed him!
    Round 1: fredg1 casts WEAPON OF THE PASTALORD!
    Cannot find monster. <--- ... but the monster was already dealt with? What??

Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190909013728 to 20190909013731 <--- from here on, it's mafia telling what happened during the fight as a result of the (unwanted) macro; "the glitch"
    Round 0: fredg1 loses initiative!
    Round 0: fredg1 attacks!
    KoLmafia thinks it is round 1 but KoL thinks it is round 2
    Round 2: takes 13 damage.
    Round 3: takes 155 damage.
    Round 3: You lose 25 hit points
    Round 3: takes 5 damage.
    Round 3: You lose 290 hit points
    [...]
    Round 14: fredg1 attacks!
    Round 15: takes 149 damage.
    Round 15: You lose 11 hit points
    Round 15: takes 3 damage.
    Round 15: You lose 290 hit points
    (dead)

What is in dark red is from my attempt at progressing the fight, the rest was mafia acting on is own (and apparently against part of itself)

I think I’ll leave this to somebody who ever used the CAB to investigate.

Cannot find monster.
    What version of mafia are you using? This looks like a bug that was already fixed.

I use the CAB, but my CCS is set to "abort" so it can never do anything.

I'm always using the most recent version of mafia, using https://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?2...st-daily-build

The "Cannot find monster." message is printed when we are top-level processing a fight response for the first time and cannot find either a "monpic" or "monname" node.
    Post a DEBUG log showing the previous fight and the "glitch" fight.

What prints this?

What prints this?

Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Not sure of what you want to know, but will try to tell what I think may be it...

General => - Session Logs => Log preference changes

This is a preference indicating the last time a fight started, which means the last fight started at 2019/09/09 01:37:28 (doesn't seem to match my PC's clock, must be universal)

I checked and during the last fight, i saw the line "Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190909013713 to 20190909013720", so it should mean that this glitch isn't about the fight "dragging on" onto the next one (thought that maybe using a script, then quickly starting another fight made it so the script was used in the 2nd fight because it "was still the script from the previous fight")

The fact the preference changed twice basically means that mafia processed what it thought was two different fights, here.

Post a DEBUG log showing the previous fight and the "glitch" fight.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post
    Since this glitch isn't extremely consistent, the debug log may contain a handful of fights, but will try my best (I think it's based on quickly starting a new fight, so i won't really have the time to "check if the glitch happened"; the result may be a bit... lengthy, will try to trim).

Ok, so while I didn't get the same thing as before, I did get something interesting (for now).
    First, let me say, making the debug log go from 6566KB to 641KB took FOREVER ;-; (contains 2 fights + some leeway both ways since i don't really know up to where it's important)

Something that I thought of was that, somehow, the "glitch" (Auto-macro/Cannot find the monster/you-are-not-in-a-fight) only occurred when I DIDN'T want to use a custom combat macro. It can't just be a coincidence, right?
    Interestingly enough, after trying to get the glitch to come out for a while (19 fights), I went through the GCLI, and wouldn't you know it:

Code:
    [34699] Dreadsylvanian Castle <--  6th fight, things go normally on this one (including it since the DEBUG log will also contain it)
    Preference lastEncounter changed from Prisoner #205173: "Gropin' Humerus" McDonald to Baron Dorian Lickmaw
    Encounter: Baron Dorian Lickmaw
    Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190910063729 to 20190910063736
    Round 1: You lose 1 hit point
    Round 2: sleaze vampire takes 6435 damage.
    Round 2: A Dreadsylvanian grandpa gives you a kiss on the cheek. Must be one of those foreign things.
    Round 2: fredg1 wins the fight!
    After Battle: Tollace hops around, dancing a jig accompanied by wet squelching noises.
    After Battle: A Dreadsylvanian grandpa gives you a kiss on the cheek. Must be one of those foreign things.
    After Battle: You gain 30 Beefiness
    After Battle: You gain 65 Enchantedness
    After Battle: You gain 81 Sarcasm
    Preference _boomBoxFights changed from 4 to 5

[34700] Dreadsylvanian Castle
    Preference lastEncounter changed from Baron Dorian Lickmaw to Prisoner #232169: "Ashy Backbone" Stewart
    Encounter: Prisoner #232169: "Ashy Backbone" Stewart
    Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20190910063736 to 20190910063743
    Strategy: C:\Users\Sophie\Desktop\Kolmafia\ccs\default.ccs [default]    <--- THERE we go!!
    Round 1: You lose 5 hit points
    Round 1: Tollace is looking a little thin.
    Round 2: hot skeleton takes 6428 damage.
    Round 2: A grateful Dreadsylvanian baby gives you a kiss on the cheek, which is adorable.
    Round 2: fredg1 wins the fight!
    After Battle: A grateful Dreadsylvanian baby gives you a kiss on the cheek, which is adorable.
    After Battle: You gain 43 Muscleboundness
    After Battle: You gain 42 Magicalness
    After Battle: You gain 94 Roguishness
    Preference _boomBoxFights changed from 5 to 6
    I don't know if that's a line that comes up when adventuring automatically, but that "strategy: ---" line NEVER comes up when adventuring manually: this IS the glitch.

The reason it didn't trigger that "double fight" thing seems to be because during the fight where the glitch occurred, I chose to use a CCS anyway, so I guess there was no conflict and things went on normally.
    That's it--a CONFLICT. What happened previously (the dual fight/cannot find monster/you are not in a fight) must be because mafia is basically trying to use two actions at the same time against the same monster; it is simply a result of "the glitch", not the glitch itself; the glitch is mafia preemptively thinking it knows what you want to do, shown by "Strategy: [path]".

Overall, this means that if I'd want to go further and replicate exactly what first happened, I'd need to constantly alternate between CCS, action, CCS, action, CCS, action, CCS, action...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fredg1; 09-11-2019 at 07:40 PM.

There hasn't even been a look at the DEBUG log, is there a problem?