Thread: test failure CustomScriptTest

Default test failure CustomScriptTest

ant test runs the tests.

CustomScriptTest fails.

Eyeballing the test output (courtesy of some added debugging statements) shows the output is about 650 characters as opposed to the expected 700ish. Eyeballing it looks the same so my guess is the equals failure is due to character sets and/or line endings.

I'm on Windows and I know when I was debugging the TCRS file fetch, sometimes I got byte equivalence but other times I had to ignore white space to get equivalence. I got the feeling that part of the difference was due to the OS of the machine that the data file was on when it was checked in.

In any event, if it works for someone on a non-Windows box then the test (as implemented) is OS specific. I'm not sure this is worth fixing but figured I'd note it.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post

Developer

I'd believe that it's a difference in LF vs CRLF. We should make the tests OS-agnostic.

Developer

(the easy / hacky way is to remove "final" from DataUtilities.java and set it manually in the test. I'm experimenting with setting line.separator for junit in the build.xml, so we don't have to do this for every test.)

Developer

r19519, although I'd like to confirm that it works on your end before closing this out.

r19519, although I'd like to confirm that it works on your end before closing this out.
    Originally Posted by heeheehee View Post
    Just ran "ant test" with no failures. r19519. I'll close.
    Well, thank you.
    Originally Posted by Veracity View Post