Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Combat Menu Buttons (custom buttons?) broken

I developed the same problem yesterday after a Chrome update. I found some posts in the Chrome support center mentioning rendering problems that started immediately after updating to the version I have currently (76.0.3809.132, Windows). Back to Firefox, then. Thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is suddenly seeing this.

Yeah, I switched back to Firefox as well (which has its own problems). If you could, please post a link to some centralized discussion of this problem where the Chromium developers are most likely to see it.

Also, thanks to Veracity for getting to the bottom of this.

This started happening to me yesterday.
    Chrome on Mac.

Back to Firefox or Safari?

I also noticed this yesterday, which was probably the first day I played after the last chrome update (on linux) (an update that I don't remember accepting, even though all updates on my system should be going through manual acceptance). I gave it a cursory look in developer console and saw what looks like very suspicious default css (I am not an expert, but it seems to me that they are forcing flexbox on all form elements without consent). Looks like "be evil" in action once again.
    (firefox is still sane in this manner, for now - and all the quantum updating that happened since I last played in firefox actually made it not nearly as slow as it used to be ; or maybe that's just having to use webextensions instead of old addons)

and my turn today,

i've added a couple of lines into mafia/relay/stationarybuttons.1.css and my buttons no longer scroll, in chrome 77.0.3865.75 at least.

#btnwrap{
    //width: 100%;
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    }

and my turn today,

i've added a couple of lines into mafia/relay/stationarybuttons.1.css and my buttons no longer scroll, in chrome 77.0.3865.75 at least.

#btnwrap{
    //width: 100%;
    display: flex;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    }
    Originally Posted by xmccx View Post
    I tried this for a while... and it worked... and then it stopped working?
    I think it might have gotten broken by the LOV tunnel enemies? I dunno, I need to test this further.

(I tried that and it not work for me on Chrome on my Mac. Had it worked, I would have tried it with other browsers and eventually submitted it.)

hrm, can't explain.
    fought a regular fight in each of chrome, ff, and edge, had fight buttons wrapping ok
    fought first lov fight in chrome, 2nd in ff, 3rd in edge, buttons good in all 3.
    (note didn't try fights in ff or edge w/out the change though)
    don't have access to a mac or linux env atm to test other css possibles (safari does need something slightly diff for flex, but that still doesn't explain chrome on mac failing).
    thanks for trying, sorry it's not a global solution, whilst it works for me, i'll use it, when it stops 'cause of future browser rendering changes, i'll try and find another way

It worked for me, but first i had to do a hard reload (Ctrl+shift+r) so that it reloaded the css.

We use stationarybuttons.1.css versioned like that specifically so we can update it without forcing people to reload.
    I put the change into stationarybuttons.2.css, told KoLmafia that was the version we are now using, and tested on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
    It worked on all of them.

So, even though this is Chrome being buggy, we can work around it.

Revision 19563.