Bug - Fixed Pantsgiving doesn't seem to give stomach space in Dark Gyfft

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When the following message occurs after combat:

You groan and loosen your overtaxed belt. Y'know, you're full, but you could probably make room for one more thing...

KoLmafia increments the "_pantsgivingFullness" property. That is, literally, the only time it does that.

So, when you say "Mafia adds space for food", you are saying that that property is incremented, which means that KoL printed it.
So, when you say "it doesn't seem like like pantsgiving gives stomach space in Dark Gyfft", you are saying that KoL printed the Pantsgiving message but didn't increment your fullness.

Which is to say, when KoL devs discovered that the very old IOTM had an unintended effect on a new path (which would be visible only after the path left Standard, three months later, to Normal players), rather than changing the code which printed a user-visible message AND making the internal Pantsgiving counter not increment max fullness, they did only latter. They did half the job.

Which means this is clearly a KoL bug with a user-visible effect - showing a misleading message message indicating something happened which did not happen.

We could put in a one-line kludge at line 3616 in FightRequest.java to get around this KoL bug.

I hate putting in kludges to get around KoL bugs.

Jeparo

For anyone reading this in the future, Slaw posted this a few months ago as explanation:

The path sets your max fullness to 5, regardless of other modifiers. Spice melanges and sour balls each clear 3 fullness (and dieting pills have no interaction with your fullness), so those work. Pantsgiving increases your max fullness, which is then set to 5, so it doesn't work. If you somehow got liver or stomach of steel, those would similarly not work.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Very well. Given that, revision 19449 ignores all sources of bonus fullness in Dark Gyffte.

Grabuge

Yeah, I thought the same. That it was misleading to leave the message in there. I asked them to remove it weeks ago but it is still happening today. Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I am sure no KoL changes were made for the path after it left Standard. I also expect that if you get that message, and then free the king to leave the path, you will have that bonus fullness available.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I also expect that if you get that message, and then free the king to leave the path, you will have that bonus fullness available.
I also expected that, which is why I coded the fix to continue incremented the pantsgiving bonus fullness property but simply not show it as available while you are in the path.