Thread: visit_url doesn't seem to return any data when visiting Port Beginning

Default visit_url doesn't seem to return any data when visiting Port Beginning

I am trying to write a small script to farm FunPoints, and in doing so I want to examine the various choices I get at various point during the journey through PirateRealm.

So far I have this snippet, but when I look at the file in my data folder after running it, it is empty although I have entered the Port Beginning choiceadventure.

Is there a reason visit_url doesn't return the html for the adventure, and is there a way I can circumvent this?

HTML Code:
    void main() {
        string[int] s;

if (item_amount($item[PirateRealm eyepatch]) <= 0) {
            visit_url("place.php?whichplace=realm_pirate&action=pr_port");
        }

if (item_amount($item[PirateRealm eyepatch]) > 0) {
            if (outfit("PirateRealm")) {
                s[1] = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=realm_pirate&action=pr_port");
            }
        }

map_to_file(s, "test10.txt");
    }
    -edit- Oh, unless I already wore the eyepatch when running the script, that may have been the reason... In that case, please disregard the thread, and I guess I'll give it another go tomorrow...

try this next time you want to debug:
    Code:
    print(visit_url("place.php?whichplace=realm_pirate&action=pr_port"));

Developer

You may need to send a POST request instead of GET, try passing true for the second parameter: https://wiki.kolmafia.us/index.php?title=Visit_url

That's actually the default if only give one parameter.

Code:
    	public static Value visit_url( Interpreter interpreter, final Value string )
    	{
    		return RuntimeLibrary.visit_url( interpreter, string.toString(), true, false );
    	}
    Yesterday I had the thought that maybe he needed to send a GET - by using "false" as the second parameter - but when I tried

Code:
    ash visit_url("place.php?whichplace=realm_pirate&action=pr_port")
    (i.e. with POST ) in the gCLI, I got the expected HTML from KoL.

I am trying to write a small script to farm FunPoints
    Originally Posted by ereinion View Post
    Hello - I'm trying to do the same at the moment too - have you managed to track grub/grog/glue/gold in your script? I can't see an easy way of doing it (unless there's a kol page I can parse that I haven't found, or something within mafia itself).

Edit 2019/06/14:

I've managed to achieve it with the following (excuse my poor regex):
    Code:
    int [string] getStats()
    {
        matcher pirateMatcher = create_matcher("<b>G.{3}:<\/b><\/td><td class=small>(.*?)<\/td>", visit_url("charpane.php"));

int [string] pirateStats;

pirateStats["guns"] = pirateMatcher.find() ? pirateMatcher.group(1).to_int() : -1;
        pirateStats["grub"] = pirateMatcher.find() ? pirateMatcher.group(1).to_int() : -1;
        pirateStats["grog"] = pirateMatcher.find() ? pirateMatcher.group(1).to_int() : -1;
        pirateStats["glue"] = pirateMatcher.find() ? pirateMatcher.group(1).to_int() : -1;
        pirateStats["gold"] = pirateMatcher.find() ? pirateMatcher.group(1).to_int() : -1;

return pirateStats;
    }
    Last edited by damion117; 06-14-2019 at 07:09 PM.