Thread: counterScript Trigger

Default counterScript Trigger

I recently started writing my own counterScript, and I’ve noticed a serious issue: It doesn’t seem to trigger reliably when running certain scripts (for example, Ezandora’s FantasyRealm script). I imagine this is related to the specific functions these scripts use, so I’d like to know exactly what triggers a counterScript to run.

Without having seen that particular script, I would guess it has to do with some scripts using adventure() vs visit_url(). The former includes a lot of configurable automation (moods, mana burning, before/afterBattle scripts, counterScripts, hp/mp recovery, combat/choiceadv handling), whereas the latter includes none of that. Replicating all of KoLmafia's adventure() automation when using visit_url() is possible, but it's recreating the wheel and script authors inevitably leave steps out.

Of course, that may not be what's going on here, in which case ignore this; but if it is, hopefully that helps.
    Sig by JakAtk
    My scripts: Prefref Plus | Skillref Plus | One-Click Wossna | Om*****st (??) | Psychose-a-Matic | RandBot
    Combat suite: Best Between Battle | Mercenary Mood | SmartStasis | BatMan | BatMan RE
    For script authors: ASH Wiki | ZLib | BatBrain | CLI Links | Drag-n-Drop Inventories | CanAdv | Script Registry | Map Manager
    If you appreciate my work, help me become BAT KING OF THE WORLD! Thanks to all donators!

Replicating all of KoLmafia's adventure() automation when using visit_url() is possible, but it's recreating the wheel and script authors inevitably leave steps out.
    Originally Posted by zarqon View Post
    It would be nice if there was a good way to do this, run KoLmafia's preadventure code without actually adventuring. I've taking to telling KoLmafia to go adventure some place it can't, but also can't know that.