Bug - Fixed Arid, Extra-Dry Desert choice adventure - old/incorrect link

JLE

When selecting the Arid, Extra-Dry Desert as the adventure location, and looking down to the "Choice Advs" tab, the "Desert (Pre-Oasis)" appears to link to the OLD version of that choice adventure - the one in which there was a carburetor (which no longer exists in-game and has not done for several years). Selecting "Unlock Oasis" as the choice in there does not appear to work.

As a result I have to bring up the relay browser and manually do that choice adventure to unlock the oasis - even though there is only one choice. (Occurring when you hit 10% or higher desert exploration.)

Not a major thing, but a thing nevertheless.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The choice adventure when you find Gnasir to unlock the Oasis is the same choice adventure that you enter when talking to Gnasir to give him stuff for desert exploration. So that choice takes more effort to support properly.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Bumping from page 17(!) to remind myself to save some DEBUG logs, at least, when I go through the desert in a couple of days.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
When we first encounter Gnasir adventuring in the Arid, Extra-Dry Desert (adventure.php?snarfblat=364), it redirects to:

A Sietch in Time (choice 805)
choice 1: Whoops

When you visit him in his hut (place.php?whichplace=desertbeach&action=db_gnasir) it redirects to:

choice 1: "What was it you wanted, again?"
choice 2: "I found your stone rose."
choice 3: "I brought some black paint for your door."
choice 4: "I brought you that killing jar you wanted."
choice 5: "I think I found all the missing pages of your book."

When you hand in the first item, it stays in the choice:

choice 1: "No, that's all."
choice 2: "I brought some black paint for your door."
choice 3: "I brought you that killing jar you wanted."
choice 4: "I think I found all the missing pages of your book."

Notice that option 1 is always the way to exit the choice.
Notice also that whichever items you to turn in go from option 2 on up.
As you turn them in, you stay in the choice and can turn in more items.

So, essentially, we could have two automation options:

Exit the choice (take option 1)
Turn in all items (take option 2 until it is no longer available and then take option 1).

Either would work for getting through the choice while automating; the initial encounter offers only option 1.
If you wanted to automate past that, well, I don't think we have a property to track how many worm-riding pages you have collected.
If we did, it would be easy enough to script. Your script would have to take care of getting ultra-hydrated at the oasis as needed.
Additionally, it would have to use sightseeing guides and set up for wormriding, once you have the hooks and a drum machine.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 19940 removes the obsolete choice option configuration and adds the simplest possible configuration for A Sietch in Time: you can either "show in browser" or "stop talking to Gnasir".

Anything more will require more ambitious support, as I described above.