Feature - Rejected Add proxy record field to effect tracking whether it is decremented by PVP

Darzil

Developer
There are HUGE numbers of things that aren't yet added to KOLmafia, because there isn't demand for them, or the demand is niche.

If we get a sudden rush of scripters wanting this, I'm sure we'll reconsider.

Otherwise, your choice of accepting answer of no or getting ignored.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
If you want a counterexample: “On the Trail” is not decremented.

Also, I’m willing to code this myself, if you would accept the resulting patch. I’m not asking you to spend your own time on it beyond that.

That's because On The Trail lasts so long that it's not actually valuable [in-run] for most of the duration players have it. Other than L12 Battlefield, how many other zones do you spend > 40 adv in?

(how many other zones do you spend > 20 adv in, anyways? airship, desert, and... uh... maybe a zone for powerleveling?)

Darzil

Developer
It is more than that, it is because it is a restriction, not a benefit, for that reason. Burning turns of it would be (was) the benefit.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Relevant: r19909 adds a nopvp attribute to a few effects known to have this property. In line with some of the other session log prints that have been included with these changes, in the future we could add a warning when we see a nopvp effect decrement after PVP, or indeed an event not yet marked as such not decrement.