9920	SongBoom™ BoomBox Box	780708531	songboomboxbox.gif	usable	t	0
Item	SongBoom™ BoomBox Box	Free Pull
--------------------

When used creates:

Code:
use 1 SongBoom™ BoomBox Box
--------------------
9919	SongBoom™ BoomBox	898864226	songboombox.gif	usable		0
# Item SongBoom™ BoomBox: Plays a Soundtrack for your Life<br />Let's you <i>Sing Along</i> during Fights
--------------------
You acquire an item: SongBoom™ BoomBox

When used it takes you to a choice adventure:

Code:
<div id="btnwrap"><input type="button" onClick="document.location.href='choice.php?action=auto';void(0);" value="auto"> <input type="button" onClick="document.location.href='choice.php?whichchoice=1312&option=1&pwd=3022a6f9509f976a3e9ff2023b236a4e';void(0);" value=""Eye of the Giger""> <input type="button" onClick="document.location.href='choice.php?whichchoice=1312&option=2&pwd=3022a6f9509f976a3e9ff2023b236a4e';void(0);" value=""Food Vibrations""> <input type="button" onClick="document.location.href='choice.php?whichchoice=1312&option=3&pwd=3022a6f9509f976a3e9ff2023b236a4e';void(0);" value=""Remainin' Alive""> <input type="button" onClick="document.location.href='choice.php?whichchoice=1312&option=4&pwd=3022a6f9509f976a3e9ff2023b236a4e';void(0);" value=""These Fists Were Made for Punchin'""> <input type="button" onClick="document.location.href='choice.php?whichchoice=1312&option=5&pwd=3022a6f9509f976a3e9ff2023b236a4e';void(0);" value=""Total Eclipse of Your Meat""> <input type="button" onClick="document.location.href='choice.php?whichchoice=1312&option=6&pwd=3022a6f9509f976a3e9ff2023b236a4e';void(0);" value="Silence"> </div></td></tr></table></center></div><div class='content' id='content_'><div id='effdiv' style='display: none;'></div><div>

The choice adventure cannot be walked away from.

Chose "Eye of the Giger" and the following dropped after a combat:

Code:
--------------------
9925	Nightmare Fuel	162255335	nightmarefuel.gif	spleen, usable	t,d	5
Nightmare Fuel	1	1	crappy	0	0	0	0	Unspaded
# Item Nightmare Fuel: Lets you uneasily rest for free
--------------------

When playing "Food Vibrations" the following dropped after a combat:

Code:
--------------------
9924	Special Seasoning	438842654	specialseasoning.gif	none	t,d	5
# Item Special Seasoning: Kicks Food Up a Notch
--------------------

When playing "Remainin' Alive" the following dropped after a combat:

Code:
--------------------
9922	Shielding Potion	272981772	shieldpotion.gif	multiple	t,d	5
Item	Shielding Potion	Effect: "Remaining Alive", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
2408	Remaining Alive	shieldpotion.gif	9ef3c5d6e80f63851f4377007f5cde98	use 1 Shielding Potion
Effect	Remaining Alive	Damage Absorption: +50, Damage Reduction: 2
--------------------

When playing "These Fists Were Made For Punchin'" the following dropped after a combat:

Code:
--------------------
9923	Punching Potion	528980676	fistpotion.gif	multiple	t,d	5
Item	Punching Potion	Effect: "Feeling Punchy", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
2409	Feeling Punchy	fistpotion.gif	f5d4dfa4d0ba433027d377e5ca5fb087	use 1 Punching Potion
Effect	Feeling Punchy	Weapon Damage Percent: +50
--------------------

When playing "Total Eclipse of Your Meat" the following dropped after a combat:

Code:
--------------------
9926	Gathered Meat-Clip	458315496	wallet.gif	multiple	t	0
# Item Gathered Meat-Clip: Unclip some meat
--------------------

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r18650 added the above, count remaining and song playing, and the skill and basic modifier support.
r18651 corrected song (shouldn't reset), added more modifier support, skill only available whilst song playing.
r18652 removes Special Seasoning when eating.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Urgh, Nightmare Fuel is going to be annoying to support.
It isn't the same as other free rests. It only applies to campground, not for Chateau. The campground still has (1) indicator after "Rest in your Tent" or whatever, even though it doesn't cost an adventure.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Urgh, Nightmare Fuel is going to be annoying to support.
It isn't the same as other free rests. It only applies to campground, not for Chateau. The campground still has (1) indicator after "Rest in your Tent" or whatever, even though it doesn't cost an adventure.

It's probably worth waiting to support that anyway...

Darzil

Developer
r18655 adds maximizer support.

Do we need anything other than Nightmare Fuel support now? (unless something new is found? I'm guessing you 'rarely' get something from a Nightmare - I'm not going to start to spade it, as 'rarely' in recent IotM (Spacegate primitive equipment, Clan Fortune skills) means once in 1000's of attempts)

fxer

Is there any kind of data type associated with the song playing, like $effect[Total Eclipse of Your Meat]? Or do you just need to parse the preference string boomBoxSong to see what is active?

Darzil

Developer
Message when getting evilness reduction from Nightmare Fuel:
Code:
<p><p>Your Evilometer emits a single beep.  The air in this part of the crypt smells slightly less evil...<p><p>The evil of the nightmare fuel in your system is in a different phase from the evil emanations in this area, so they cancel each other out a bit.

And message when you also have gravy boat:
Code:
<p><p>You sigh with relief as the especially evil zmobie grunts his last.<p>Your Evilometer emits five quick beeps.<p><p>Some gravy sloshes out of your hat and douses some extra evil!<p>The evil of the nightmare fuel in your system is in a different phase from the evil emanations in this area, so they cancel each other out a bit.

Last edited:

Malibu Stacey

Could we get an adventure count tracker for when the next drop is due please?
The counter isn't specific to each song so knowing when to switch from one song to another to get a specific item will be useful.

Cheers.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Could we get an adventure count tracker for when the next drop is due please?
The counter isn't specific to each song so knowing when to switch from one song to another to get a specific item will be useful.

Cheers.

This looks harder than I expected. Checking for songboombox.gif in processTable() (in FightRequest) can get the song message easily enough. If an item drops there, it's easy enough to reset the counter to 0. If an item doesn't drop... the counter should only advance if the fight wasn't free. The song line will advance every time if the fight isn't free, but two of the songs have repeated lyrics, and the song could be switched. Technically, turns played could be used, but that isn't the most reliable thing based on turns_spent updating being wrong sometimes (probably due to the timing difference between loading charpane.php for manual adventuring and api.php for automated adventuring?).

Malibu Stacey

Technically, turns played could be used, but that isn't the most reliable thing based on turns_spent updating being wrong sometimes (probably due to the timing difference between loading charpane.php for manual adventuring and api.php for automated adventuring?).

I don't think you can use turns played as the item drop counter seems to increment on ending a combat which costs an adventure. So for example, the ride non-combat at Barf Mountain will not increment it. I tested this with a timer for 11 adventures & it seems consistent.

Also I just started a new run & got my first item drop after my 2nd adventure costing combat which was a War Frat 151st Infantryman I got from Calculate the Universe (before that I fought a wished Writing Desk). I had 20+ free fights before that and 1 free runaway (Asdon Martin banish on a Bar in the Spooky Forest). If anyone else can confirm when their first drop appears after ascending it would be most appreciated.

Darzil

Developer
Lost added Nightmare tracking on the 17th (and it's working for me, including when both gravy boat and nightmare are used), and it appears to be working.
Given we don't expect to be able to reliably tell when turns aren't spent, have we anything else we plan to add ?

Because CDMoyer is awesome, we are now able to tell when turns are spent, which means tracking this might now be as simple as checking for WINWINWIN without FREEFREEFREE. (*click*)

Darzil

Developer
r19043 adds _boomBoxFights

It starts at 9 on ascension or at start of day, and counts up to 10 on non-free fights, then next turn there will be a drop, and it'll go down to 0.