New Content - Implemented Eldritch Incursion

Bale

Minion
The fissure in Hagnk's is just an image change for Hangk. The storage facility works as well as ever. (I verified this.) Thank goodness.

Poor Hagnk just can't catch a break, and I thought it was bad when he lost his arm.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 17353 adds the "eldritchFissureAvailable" setting. This behaves like "timeTowerAvailable" - defaults to false, but if you visit the Town and see a fissure, it will be set to true.

I have no idea if the next stage of this will have Eldritch Fissures of the same sort, but if one reappears in the Town, this might give us a bit of slack.

No more infinite adventuring loop trying to automate An Eldritch Fissure, for now.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I think this is done, for now. We can start another thread when Phase 2 arrives, in weeks or months.

Bale

Minion
For what it is worth, here's my new place.town.ash relay script!

Code:
void main() {
	buffer page;
	page.append(visit_url());
	int i = index_of(page, "<p><a href=main.php>Back");
	page.insert(i, "<p><a href=place.php?whichplace=town&efinale=1>Defeat Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl</a>");
	write(page);
}

I can enjoy the defeat of Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl every time I click the new link.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
CDM said he'll keep the URL for a few days. I don't see the harm in keeping it forever, but it's not my call.

Nice and simple. I tweaked it a little bit to both simplify it and complexify it. ;)

Code:
void main()
{
    buffer page = visit_url();
    int i = page.index_of( "<p><a href=main.php>Back" );
    if ( i != -1 ) {
	page.insert( i, "<p><a href=place.php?whichplace=town&efinale=1>Defeat Sssshhsssblllrrggghsssssggggrrgglsssshhssslblgl</a>" );
    }
    page.write();
}