Bug - Not A Bug Maximize "Max price:" oddity

Crowther

If I put a value into the "Max price:" field of the maximizer, it is used to eliminate options even if "don't check" is selected.

The workaround is obviuos.

Darzil

Developer
So, currently, if you don't specify a price, it still uses a max price (smaller of autoBuyPriceLimit and available meat).

If you do specify a price, it is used instead.

I guess the buttons more readily translate to "show prices".

What change is suggested to make this clearer, or should the behaviour change?

Crowther

What change is suggested to make this clearer, or should the behaviour change?
Sorry. I've been playing with this and it does seem that the maximum price displayed. Which potions/buff/etc are displayed based on that field. Then the check boxes decide when/which prices are checked in the mall. I guess I always assumed the check max price field and the check boxes were related in ways they are not. Maybe it is because they are on one line. I can't think of a compact way to make what they do clearer. I'm still not 100% sure I understand what they do.

Darzil

Developer
Ok, lets see what I can work out:

Max Price - highest price it'll consider when showing items or buffs. If not used, uses autoBuyPriceLimit if set, or current meat available if not.
Don't Check - Don't show prices, don't check current mall prices.
Buyable only - Don't show prices of things you have, check mall prices for things you don't have (or use historical prices if recent, or maximizerCurrentMallPrices is true) and show them.
All consumables - Show prices of all consumables, checking mall prices (or historical prices if recent, or maximizerCurrentMallPrices is true).

Does that make it clear?

Last edited:

Crowther

Ok, lets see what I can work out:

Max Price - highest price it'll consider when showing items or buffs. If not used, uses autoBuyPriceLimit if set, or current meat available if not.
Don't Check - Don't show prices, don't check current mall prices.
Buyable only - Don't show prices of things you have, check mall prices for things you don't have (or use historical prices if recent, or maximizerCurrentMallPrices is true) and show them.
All consumables - Show prices of all consumables, checking mall prices (or historical prices if recent, or maximizerCurrentMallPrices is true).

Does that make it clear?
Yup! And that matches what little I deduced from play with the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator: