Feature - Implemented Additional info for get_clan_lounge()

Bale

Minion
That's not in the lounge and mafia doesn't currently track the number.

It would take an additional server hit at login and every time that you switch clans. Is it worth it? Why does it matter? Are there many clans with less than 10,000 balls?

Bale

Minion
OMG! I just checked the mall and it now would cost a little over 300 million meat to get a full ball pit!

That's not in the lounge and mafia doesn't currently track the number.

It would take an additional server hit at login and every time that you switch clans. Is it worth it? Why does it matter? Are there many clans with less than 10,000 balls?

Yes, that's why I asked if it could since the implementation of get_clan_lounge() almost completely deprecates my own ASH code and does it with less server hits.

Would it take another server hit? Doesn't mafia check the rumpus room for the rollover adv and rollover pvp modifiers (I don't know)?

I don't know if it is worth it but not every clan has enough balls and the number of balls influences the buff.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Would it take another server hit? Doesn't mafia check the rumpus room for the rollover adv and rollover pvp modifiers (I don't know)?

Mafia does not check the rumpus room, ever. Bonus adventures and fites from there are completely unaccounted for.

Would it be worth loading that? Maybe. I suppose that it would even make sense to grab the number of balls in the ballpit while loading the rumpus room, if it were done at all, since that single page load can grab the whole room.

There is ballpitBonus, updated by looking at the effect. Most people are generally going to get the effect from the same clan every time, I expect.

OMG! I just checked the mall and it now would cost a little over 300 million meat to get a full ball pit!
Adjusting for Mr. A inflation, I don't think that's actually more expensive than shortly after it was released.

Mafia does not check the rumpus room, ever. Bonus adventures and fites from there are completely unaccounted for.

Ah, I thought it was handled, in that case, it's not just appending to existing behavior. Since it isn't usable in-run anyway, it's probably not worth the effort to add the functionality.

Bale

Minion

Would it be worth loading that? Maybe. I suppose that it would even make sense to grab the number of balls in the ballpit while loading the rumpus room, if it were done at all, since that single page load can grab the whole room.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the number of balls in the pit is a separate page load from the rest of the rumpus room. Checking the rumpus room will tell you if a ball pit is present, but then you have to actually click on the pit to find out how many balls are there. (This won't grant the buff, just says click the button if you want to jump into a pit containing X balls.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Since we have get_clan_lounge(), a get_clan_rumpus() seems reasonable. An issue would be that, unlike the lounge, there aren't obvious "items" you could use to tag what is there; lounge items are added by IOTMs, but rumpus room items are clan purchases.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the number of balls in the pit is a separate page load from the rest of the rumpus room. Checking the rumpus room will tell you if a ball pit is present, but then you have to actually click on the pit to find out how many balls are there. (This won't grant the buff, just says click the button if you want to jump into a pit containing X balls.)

clan_rumpus.php?action=click&spot=7 shows how many balls there are while showing the rest of the rumpus room. It's the same idea behind checking the hot dog stand without using an extra server hit, since it shows the rest of the VIP lounge (though that idea has since become more convoluted with a second floor and the speakeasy).

Darzil

Developer
Since we have get_clan_lounge(), a get_clan_rumpus() seems reasonable. An issue would be that, unlike the lounge, there aren't obvious "items" you could use to tag what is there; lounge items are added by IOTMs, but rumpus room items are clan purchases.
I guess maybe that one will be a list of strings. It would be good to account for bonuses from there.

Either that or a thing that will have to wait for pseudo items to use item code, which had been talked about but is huge.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Added get_clan_lounge() in 17136 (and fixed a typo in 17137), which returns string [int]. The last entry will be something like "Awesome Ball Pit (10,000)" if you have a ball pit.

The furniture adds to Adventures and PvP Fights modifiers. It also only adds to Adventures when you can interact, and that functionality was also applied to Reassured.