How to develop without awkwardness...

Hellno

I'm working on a script that i just put up on sourceforge and I'm having trouble!

1. I have a svn folder outside the kol mafia environment where I write and edit code. This folder has /scripts and /data folders with many files in each.
2. I have also done a 'svn checkout [hellnosscript]' in kol mafia so these files are all in kol mafias structure as well
3. I run my in-development script from kolmafia (e.g. call ...superprogram.ash)
4. All 'import x.ash' in superprogram.ash load from kolmafias /scripts instead of from my development folder (same with /data files I assume). This makes total sense but it makes it impossible to test any changes I make to any files other than superprogram.ash without commit-ing/update-ing or copy/pasting files between folders.

This became a confusing mess to try to explain but hopefully someone understand what I'm trying to get across since I'm sure I'm not the first person with this problem.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
1. I have a svn folder outside the kol mafia environment where I write and edit code. This folder has /scripts and /data folders with many files in each.

Dropping this part will simplify things. You can make changes to the copy in mafia's /svn folder, and commit from there. To actually test those changes, you can use "svn sync" to copy all of the modified files to their normal place (/scripts, /data, and so on), and then you will be working with the modified version.

A script will never be able to access files outside of KoLmafia's folders, for security reasons. (Any exception to this should be reported as a bug.)

xKiv

And if you want separate development and live environements for the script, setup a separate development and live instances of mafia.