notifySummary.ash

digitrev

So I like writing scripts. And I like knowing when people use my scripts (+1 ego point). But I also like my kmail inbox to be manageable. And even with the limited success of my most popular scripts, it's becoming downright impossible to see any real kmails that get through. So I wrote a little inbox processing script to summarize those notifications. And I figured if I could use it, then so could the writers of the more popular scripts. I mean, you probably already have something to handle this, but if you don't:
Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/digitrev/code/notifySummary
Just add import "notifySummary.ash" to your favourite login script and add a call to notifySummary(). Or just call it directly from the gcli. Either way, it'll go through your inbox, delete any "I have opted to let you know..." messages, and kmail you a summary of who ran which scripts.

You can also call notifySummary(boolean). If you call it with false, it will keep the kmails in your inbox. This is in case you still want a general idea of how people are using your scripts, but also want to use the much better Script Registry.

Last edited:

digitrev

And because I was not, I've set this up so that you can have it work well with Zarquon's superior offering.

VladYvhuce

It's nice to have options, since people usually have different ideas. For example: I set out to create my "familiar-changing frankenscript" so that I wouldn't have to lobotomize BBB. BBB is a great script, but sometimes, I just want to farm my list of familiars and do things my way, without all of the overrides that BBB does. And sometimes, I want all the extra stuff that BBB handles.