Feature - Implemented Track which penpa is in usel and make available to scripts

matt.chugg

I've like to have mafia track which penpal/correspondance is being used in Eudora, I can't see this implimented anywhere, and the valhalla decorater uses a server hit, so don't think i'm missing something.

The current penpal is avilable from api.php so shouldn't be an extra server hit anywhere, i've checked these myself in api.php

Penpal: api["flag_config"]["whichpenpal] => 1
GameInformPowerDailyPro Magazine: api["flag_config"]["whichpenpal] => 2
Xi Receiver Unit: api["flag_config"]["whichpenpal] => 3

I believe it would be possible to then track any changes through item use, or settings changes under Eudora?

Apologies if this exists, but I couldn't find it.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Hrmn. I believe you are correct. The cli eudora command will switch correspondents, but I see nothing that will tell me the current correspondent.

It would be nice to have:
  • string eudora( ) - returns name of current eudora correspondent
  • boolean eudora( strict_string ) - sets new eudora corrspondent
On the CLI side of things, if there is no parameter for eudora, it should respond with the name of the current correspondent.

Perhaps a $correspond[] datatype would be better than strict_string. Certainly if next month's IotM is a new eudora, I would think it was about time we got that datatype. There's a $vykea[] datatype after all, and that is just to support a single IotM.

Darzil

Developer
r16978 pretty much does this. Not as clever as datatypes might be, but I didn't care that much. It does add success checks, by calling ApiRequest, as KoL doesn't tell us about success or failure. Valhalla decorator is still a server hit, as it shows what is possible, as well as what is current, which API doesn't.

Can someone who wanted it add to wiki, please ?