Feature - Rejected Update finished event locations

matt.chugg

When holidays are finished, kolmafia data is updated so that $location[] proxy entries are parent => Removed and parentdesc => Removed Areas

Code:
> ash $location[crimbo town toy factory 2012]
~
Returned: Crimbo Town Toy Factory (2012)
~
parent => Removed
parentdesc => Removed Areas
~

Should all finished events areas that are no longer accessible be updated in the same way

So far, I believe this would include:

Shivering Timbers
A Skeleton Invasion!
The Cannon Museum
Grim Grimacite Site
A Pile of Old Servers
The Haunted Sorority House
A Yawning Abyssal Portal
The Space Odyssey Discotheque
The Spirit World
Some Scattered Smoking Debris
A Crater Full of Space Beasts

Potentially also all the twitch areas since they are technically removed at the moment, although they could come back again I guess (I keep missing them)

Moonshiners' Woods
The Roman Forum
The Post-Mall
The Rowdy Saloon
Globe Theatre Main Stage
Globe Theatre Backstage

Darzil

Developer
What issue are you trying to fix? Unless there is a current event and current Twitch, Removed, Events and Twitch are all unavailable. Events are perhaps a little odd, I could see a logic to changing them to Removed once complete (which would mean currently there would be nothing under Events).

matt.chugg

What issue are you trying to fix? Unless there is a current event and current Twitch, Removed, Events and Twitch are all unavailable. Events are perhaps a little odd, I could see a logic to changing them to Removed once complete (which would mean currently there would be nothing under Events).

I'm not trying to "fix" anything, it's a feature request, I feel that scripts should be able to rely on mafia data to determine if these areas are available, by simply checking proxy record (as we do with holidays) not making server hits

When we have a holiday, mafia knows the location is available, and sets it to removed when it's over, to my mind, an event should behave as a non-recuring holiday?

Mostly necesary for my manuel Progress relay script in my case, but possibly relevant to other people too.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
Which proxy record is this? .zone shows Holiday for Trick-or-Treating today, not Removed.

Edit - Which is probably pretty good, it'd be a bit of a nightmare if a glitch or issue stopped anyone adventuring in a holiday zone til a dev fixed Mafia.

Last edited:

matt.chugg

Which proxy record is this? .zone shows Holiday for Trick-or-Treating today, not Removed.

Edit - Which is probably pretty good, it'd be a bit of a nightmare if a glitch or issue stopped anyone adventuring in a holiday zone til a dev fixed Mafia.

Perhaps it would be better if I request that past events are somehow marked. When using location data how would I determine programatically that I couldn't advernture at those the locations listed in my first post?

Darzil

Developer
Past Events have zone = Events (as would current events, if there were any - either your script or Mafia or both would need to be updated specifically to handle that one)
Twitch zones have zone = Twitch.
Old Crimbos have zone = Removed.

Bale

Minion
Twitch zones are available if get_property( "timeTowerAvailable" ) == "true" although I cannot remember if that properly is set when mafia logs in, or only if the town is visited.

Darzil, do you remember when timeTowerAvailable is checked?

Darzil

Developer
When you visit the town it is set (if not set and tower is available) or unset (if set and tower is not available).

Bale

Minion
matt.chugg, now you know how to determine if the twitch zone is available. It's a good thing too, because Jick was just saying on the radio show last week that he intends to do more non-live twitch events so the zone is definitely not retired.