Feature - Implemented ASH command(s) for Numberology

Bale

Minion
I would like to say that I'd at least like to have a command that tells me if a given number can be calculated at the current time. I've got this in my postAdventureScript

PHP:
void numberology() {
	if(have_skill($skill[Calculate the Universe]) && get_property("_universeCalculated") == "false" && get_property("kingLiberated") == "true")
		(!cli_execute("numberology 69"));
}

It works since I catch the error condition, but it would be nice to be able to add a check that would keep me from having red letters warning me that I cannot do it at this time after each adventure until it finally works.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Would an interface such as
Code:
boolean [int] available_numberology_results()
boolean [int] available_numberology_results(int adventures, int spleen)
be desired? You'd be able to achieve what you wanted with available_numberology_results contains 69, for instance. Would it make more or less sense to
(the names are too verbose, IMO, but that was the first thing that came to mind. reverse_numberology?)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I've got a working prototype as int [int] reverse_numberology(), not that I see any real benefit to knowing the number that you'd need to input -- it was just simpler to implement this way. See r16790.

Bale

Minion
While I would like an ash numberology() command that actually casts the skill instead of needing to use a cli_execute() for that, this does suffice for any sane needs.

Thank you very much, good sir.

syrinxlui

Is it possible to tell mafia to adventure in a location until a certain numberology result comes available? (Other than Bale's way of trying it after every adventure.) After reading this thread I think it's not, but I wanted to check my comprehension.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
> numberology 51

"numberology 51" (fight War Frat 151st Infantryman) is not currently available but will be in 8 turns or 1 spleen.
If you're not trying to script it, that should work reasonably well.