Thread: ASH command(s) for Numberology

Default ASH command(s) for Numberology

It would be nice to have ASH commands available for the 'numberology' CLI command.
    Something like what was discussed in the original thread:
    http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?19...of-Numberology

Hi guys,

Is this something that is pending or is it something that we shouldn't expect?

I would like to say that I'd at least like to have a command that tells me if a given number can be calculated at the current time. I've got this in my postAdventureScript

PHP Code:
    void numberology() {
        if(
    have_skill($skill[Calculate the Universe]) && get_property("_universeCalculated") == "false" && get_property("kingLiberated") == "true")
            (!
    cli_execute("numberology 69"));

It works since I catch the error condition, but it would be nice to be able to add a check that would keep me from having red letters warning me that I cannot do it at this time after each adventure until it finally works.
    Last edited by Bale; 03-15-2016 at 09:37 AM.

Developer

Would an interface such as
    Code:
    boolean [int] available_numberology_results()
    boolean [int] available_numberology_results(int adventures, int spleen)
    be desired? You'd be able to achieve what you wanted with available_numberology_results contains 69, for instance. Would it make more or less sense to
    (the names are too verbose, IMO, but that was the first thing that came to mind. reverse_numberology?)

Developer

I've got a working prototype as int [int] reverse_numberology(), not that I see any real benefit to knowing the number that you'd need to input -- it was just simpler to implement this way. See r16790.

While I would like an ash numberology() command that actually casts the skill instead of needing to use a cli_execute() for that, this does suffice for any sane needs.

Thank you very much, good sir.

Is it possible to tell mafia to adventure in a location until a certain numberology result comes available? (Other than Bale's way of trying it after every adventure.) After reading this thread I think it's not, but I wanted to check my comprehension.

Developer

> numberology 51

"numberology 51" (fight War Frat 151st Infantryman) is not currently available but will be in 8 turns or 1 spleen.
    If you're not trying to script it, that should work reasonably well.