Bug Adventuring for set number of turns uses old turn limit.

Kailen4

Ok, kind of a confusing title, but here's the step by step:

Choose a zone to adventure a set number of turns in.
Select a number of turns (X) higher than your current amount available (Y).
eat/drink/whatever to gain more turns, higher than the number you set.
Begin adventuring.

The number of turns that you will adventure is Y, the current max you had when you set the number, even if you have more than that when you click to adventure.

Basically, it should check if you have enough turns when you begin adventuring, but it's checking early and setting the number then.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You are correct that the UI controls do the range checking using values at the time you change them.
In particular, when you enter a number into the text filed - or use the clicker to increment or decrement it - it forces that number into the range of 0 - (your current adventure count).

Which is to say, it's behaving the way we intended it to behave when we defined that control: you can enter an invalid number, but we will not allow the control to have an invalid number in after you leave the field.

Now, if I were KoL, I would respond like this: "since it is behaving the way we coded it to behave, this is not a bug." (Yes, I really did get that response, once. Note the "behaving as coded" part of that. ALL code - including bugs - "behaves as coded".)

I'm tempted to say "behaving as intended", but I recognize that you are requesting a change in behavior - whether or not the current behavior is a "bug". I'm also tempted to say "do your consumption first before you modify the GUI control".

But, I do wonder what happens if you do this:

- Set the Number of Adventures control to your current available adventures.
- adventure via the CLI or Relay Browser, or do something else which consumes adventures - crafting, resting.
- I assume that the GUI control does not change.
-> If you then tell the GUI to go adventure, does it at that time adjust the adventure count to the lower number of adventures you have available, or does it just try to go the full number and then run out of adventures?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
- Set the Number of Adventures control to your current available adventures.
- adventure via the CLI or Relay Browser, or do something else which consumes adventures - crafting, resting.
- I assume that the GUI control does not change.
-> If you then tell the GUI to go adventure, does it at that time adjust the adventure count to the lower number of adventures you have available, or does it just try to go the full number and then run out of adventures?

It adjusts down when you click "begin", at least.