Feature Please give warning if adventuring in Hidden Apartment Building with a Vampieroghi

DreamTheEndless

Please give warning if adventuring in Hidden Apartment Building with a Vampieroghi.

A Vampieroghi will remove the cursed buff needed to complete the zone. I took approximately a three year break from KOL, and I'm still not used to all the new content. I spent a ton of time wasting adventures before hitting the KOL wiki to see what I was doing wrong.

It's not a big deal, but you have several similar warnings in other zones, so it seemed to make sense.

Thanks.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
There are hundreds of things that could use reminders, just for the quests involved in ascending. I don't think that coding all of them into mafia is the way to go.

It would be nice if people could write their own scripts to provide various reminders like that. I don't know what a good way would be to add that feature to mafia though.

Bale

Minion
I don't know what a good way would be to add that feature to mafia though.

buffer warningScript(location loc, buffer preWarn)

Passes the location for adventuring and if mafia generates a warning for cookie or familiar that warning page is passed as preWarn.

Then if the return value is length 0, mafia will adventure as normal. Otherwise it presents the output of the warningScript as the warning page. Obviously a bad warningScript could make a page that will not work as an adventuring portal.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
buffer warningScript(location loc, buffer preWarn)

Passes the location for adventuring and if mafia generates a warning for cookie or familiar that warning page is passed as preWarn.

Then if the return value is length 0, mafia will adventure as normal. Otherwise it presents the output of the warningScript as the warning page. Obviously a bad warningScript could make a page that will not work as an adventuring portal.

Maybe, though that would require restructuring the current warning system which presents warnings one at a time and uses the URL to track which ones you've already skipped. A script might decide to warn you about 3 different things on top of 2 warnings that mafia wants to give (because the existing warnings might need to stick around).

From what I can tell, there's no way to adventure where the script doesn't want you to except by disabling that script. A script could use user_confirm() prompts instead of abort() calls I guess.