New Content 3 new Madness Bakery items

All of these are obtained from the magical baguette, via its manipulate link.

Code:
Looking at item #8181...
Unknown item found: loafers (8181, 658560542)
--------------------
8181 loafers 658560542 loafers.gif accessory t,d 25
loafers 0 none
Item loafers Initiative: +10, Single Equip
--------------------
Looking at item #8180...
Unknown item found: breadwand (8180, 121809700)
--------------------
8180 breadwand 121809700 breadwand.gif weapon t,d 30
breadwand 25 Mus: 0 1-handed wand
Item breadwand Spell Damage: +3
--------------------
Looking at item #8183...
Unknown item found: bread basket (8183, 625281322)
--------------------
8183 bread basket 625281322 breadbasket.gif offhand t,d 25
bread basket 0 none
Item bread basket Food Drop: +20
--------------------

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I added the items and the choice adventure. I also marked the magical baguette as "food, usable", but unfortunately "use magical baguette" says "magical baguette must be eaten", rather than trying to use it and redirecting to choice 1081. And if you try to use it from the Usables panel of the Item Manager, it does nothing - probably for the same reason. (Or, perhaps it tries to eat it, if you are not already full, like I was when I tested...)

I think I'll not be fixing those, but I'll leave this report open in case somebody else feels like doing them.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Trying to use a baguette through mafia shouldn't do anything, since using it redirects to a choice where you pick the item to create.

I believe the correct way to fully support this is to add a new Request class, and then telling mafia to make one of the items can be handled. On the other hand, it's unlikely that many people will do more than make 1 of each item in aftercore, I think.

Short of supporting that, removing a baguette from inventory when an item is made would be worth doing.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The choice is configurable, however. I was expecting that if I set choiceAdventure1081 to 1, say, that "using" it would redirect to choice 1081 and take option 1. But, yeah - it's a real niche creation. So far. If there ever will be other "choice" creations, perhaps we'd want something like this:

Code:
breadwand	CHOICE	magical baguette (1)
loafers	CHOICE	magical baguette (2)
bread basket	CHOICE	magical baguette (3)

I also tested and found that, as of right now, you cannot walk away from it. You probably should be able to do that, but that's a KoL change (which we'd have to track, too).

We can remove the magical baguette from inventory when handling the choice response...