Discussion re: exposing random adjective modifiersto ASH

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
I'm reconsidering this. It works, now (element-aligned monsters now have their monster name colored appropriately, for example) since the random attribute array has the internal names, not the user-visible ones - which means that if KoL adds an attribute we don't recognize yet, it will still be stored - but since the array is visible to scripts via last_monster().random_attributes, perhaps scripts would rather see "solid gold" rather than "sparkling"?

You bring up a good point. Perhaps this question should be asked in Scripting Discussion, so script writers can chime in.

The name I'm more likely use in conversation is the user-visible one, since the only way to find the internal name is by looking at the source code.

Any other thoughts?

Bale

Minion
The internal name isn't on the wiki, so it would require me to do extra work to discover it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
The advantage of the internal name is that we can include it, whether or not we know about it.

I think I'll make the ASH-visible list have the external name (if we know it) and otherwise the internal name (for newly added things we don't know yet).