Bug - Fixed Effect links to Wiki: (unknown_effect_-1)

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
This seems to be an issue with the setting in "Preferences > Relay Browser > Check wiki for item descriptions (fails for unknowns)". Looks like an issue with the effect name lookup.

edit: looks like Veracity got to it before I even refreshed the page. Cool.

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Wait, no, Veracity: I started debugging this, and the issue is tied to EffectDatabase.getEffectId(descid). For whatever reason that doesn't succeed, so it returns 1.

edit: I see. Looks like it's calling getEffectId(effectName) when it should be calling getEffect(descid).

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Isn't that what revision 15713 addresses?

I started a followup submit to rename that method to agree with what ItemDatabase has - getItemIdFromDescription. I.e., rename getEffect( descid) -> getEffectIdFromDescription( descid). For clarity, and all that.

Then I began to wonder whether both ItemDatabase and EffectDatabase should use "FromDescriptionId". And then I began to wonder whether it should be "FromDescId". And then I threw up my hands and descided I didn't want to think about naming conventions right now. :)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 15714 does the first renaming I mentioned. Both ItemDatabase and EffectDatabase now have getXXXIdFromDescription methods, which should make it clearer which methods take what kind of argument.