OCD Inventory control

Fluxxdog

Huh. Bubblin' crude can't be crafted in to anything through OCD. I'd like to make oil lamps with it so I can pulverize those.

Lxndr

Having another 'the message cannot be sent' error:

send to mallmulti Noobness: 1 hemp string, 4 reinforced beaded headband, 3 roll of toilet paper, 1 sabre teeth, 1 saucepan, 1 seal-clubbing club, 1 seal-skull helmet, 2 secret mummy herbs and spices, 8 shard of double-ice, 2 Shivering Chèvre, 6 smart skull
Sale price for this line: 0

send to mallmulti Noobness: 1 Sneaky Pete's key lime pie, 1 snowboarder pants, 2 soft green echo eyedrop antidote, 2 sonar-in-a-biscuit, 1 Space Tours Tripple, 7 spider web, 1 spiked femur, 1 spooky shrunken head, 1 spooky stick, 2 star, 1 star crossbow

send to mallmulti Noobness: 1 star hat, 2 star key lime pie, 1 steel sword, 1 stolen accordion, 1 stone wool, 1 stuffed shoulder parrot, 3 sugar sheet, 2 sunken chest, 1 Swabbie™ swab, 2 swashbuckling pants, 2 Tears of the Quiet Healer

send to mallmulti Noobness: 1 tequila grenade, 2 thin black candle, 2 tiny house, 1 tip jar, 1 Tom's of the Spanish Main Toothpaste, 1 turtle totem, 3 Typical Tavern swill, 3 unbearable light, 1 viking helmet, 3 water pipe bomb, 7 water purification pills

send to mallmulti Noobness: 1 Whatsian Ionic Pliers, 1 White Chocolate Golem Seeds, 5 white pixel, 1 white rice, 1 white snake skin, 1 Whoompa Fur Pants, 1 wicker shield, 3 wolf mask, 1 wonderwall shield, 1 wool hat, 1 world's smallest violin

The message didn't send for some reason

What's odd is that I'm almost 100% sure that these things worked in previous runs. But for some reason, these messages are failing now.

Tarko

is there a quick way to keep 1 of everything and THEN sell/mall/kBay as usual?

Edit: kinda a moot point since I found your "Stock for SC runs" tab. Thanks for the script!

Last edited:

jbouzanquet

Edit the data file in a spreadsheet program and work out a macro that replaces 0 with 1, then copy and paste special the literal numerical values over the original column.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Edit the data file in a spreadsheet program and work out a macro that replaces 0 with 1, then copy and paste special the literal numerical values over the original column.

I too have found that at some point manipulating the data file as a spreadsheet is much more effective than trying to deal with spreadsheet like functionality in the web browser. In addition to using a spreadsheet to make sure that I keep at least on of everything that is to be sold, used, pulverized of gifted, I also used it to stop sending things to kBay during the time kBay was not functioning plus a couple of other nits. Using a spreadsheet also helped compare options across characters and eliminate bogus and corrupt data which sometimes resulted when KoL change the name of things.

ereinion

I'm having some trouble with the script stopping, telling me that there are uncategorized items in my inventory. Running the relay-script shows no such items, but after tinkering a bit with the code (is there any setting that will let the script let you know the item it stops on?), I've found that the items it wants me to categorize are fish-oil smoke bombs. I can't find them in my settings file, but seeing that they are quest items I can see why the relay script isn't showing them too? Is the problem simply that the two scripts use different conditions for what items they should handle?

Bale

Minion
The problem is that you're using the version in post #889 above. I spun that specifically because someone had categorized his fish-oil smoke bombs by editing the data file manually and he only needed OCD to follow directions. Since I didn't update as an official release I didn't update the first post with that change or update the relay script with that change. If you were only using the versions in the first post, then you wouldn't have seen that incompatibility. Or if I ever made a bigger change I would have updated the first post with both versions.

Anyway, the fix is really simple although I didn't intend to roll it out yet. Copy/paste the following line into your gCLI:

Code:
svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale-ocd/code/

That will update your relay script to match the inventory control script.

Last edited:

ereinion

Ah, I had missed that - from what I read in post 889 I thought it was merely a change to how the kmails to kbay were written? Guess I should have stuck with the official version :D Anyway, thanks for your reply and sorry for bothering you :)

Fluxxdog

Code:
> svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale-ocd/code/

svn: E170001: PROPFIND of '/p/bale-ocd/code': 403 Forbidden (https://svn.code.sf.net)
Unable to connect with repository at /p/bale-ocd/code
Bug at SourceForge or temporary glitch? EDIT: Or caused by Admin here as described in this post?

Last edited:
Code:
> svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale-ocd/code/

svn: E170001: PROPFIND of '/p/bale-ocd/code': 403 Forbidden (https://svn.code.sf.net)
Unable to connect with repository at /p/bale-ocd/code
Bug at SourceForge or temporary glitch? EDIT: Or caused by Admin here as described in this post?

I am getting the same error.

Bale

Minion
OCD Inventory Control Updated!

• fish-oil smoke bombs are now OCD-able
  • Both halves of the script have been slightly refactored to ensure no more incompatibilities like the previous fish-oil smoke bomb issue.
  • Distribution has migrated over to SVN. With a current daily build, please copy/paste the following line into KoLmafia's CLI:
    Code:
    svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bale/ocd/code/

The code repository has moved from the previous pre-release. If you have previously installed the script from svn, please delete it with svn delete bale-ocd before installing this version.

Good day to you!

I am quite long using OCD Control script. It's great!

But it have one strange behavior in counting estimating value of things, when placing it on Mall.

Every time when I am placing something on Mall by OCD, it works as intended.

But if I have the same named items in my closet, results in CLI will be shifted on this amounts. And resulting calculations too, of course.

Example:

Let's say that I have one tiny plastic giant pair of tweezers in the inventory. And another 587 in the closet.

My OCD tuned to put every tiny plasic from inventory to mall.

So when I am using script, one pair of tweezers going to mall. And that's ok.

But in CLI I see totally different picture! It says:

mallsell 588 tiny plastic giant pair of tweezers
Sale price for this line: 176*400

Total mall sale = 176*400

Seems like some miscalculation in final counting for me.

Bale

Minion
You're right something dodgy is going on there. I'm having some trouble pinning it down. My problem is in accounting for the different behavior of available_amount() based on whether people have mafia set to automatically remove items from their closets while this script tries to account for items in the closet, but never sell items in the closet regardless of the closet setting. It's trickier than I think it should be. Please be patient while I try to make it work.

Smiling Spectre, do you have mafia set to "Take items from the closet whenever needed"?

Bale

Minion
OCD Inventory Control Updated!

svn update bale-ocd

But it have one strange behavior in counting estimating value of things, when placing it on Mall.
I found and fixed a bug that occurs if an item is in your stock list AND in the closet. Perhaps that is your bug? If you still have the problem please tell me exactly how many you have in inventory and closet. Tell me exactly what OCD is set to do to that item (including quantities). If that item is in your stock list tell if the list is set to acquire, keep or ignore and how many should it stock? Finally, tell me if KoLmafia is set to "Take items from the closet whenever needed"?

Is there any plan to add this as an ability? Is this even a problem with OCD or is it a Mafia problem?
It was a bug in my script. For complicated reasons it wasn't being recognized as an ingredient because of the apostrophe in its name. I fixed the bug in this version.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I am using SVN and have update on login. The first character I ran today generated a message about not finding a local copy of OCDefault.txt. I have one and it is dated 6/12. The message and the date stamp suggest to me that there is an update to the data file but somehow it failed for me. Does that sound likely? If so I will pay closer attention next time I run. There is nothing in the session log which once again is leading me to wonder if there is a way I can automatically force everything in the gCLI to also appear in the session log, but that's another thread.

Also kBay seems to be down or unresponsive at the moment. Since this is the second time in the past couple of months, would you consider an OCD flag that converts all "Sell on kBay" to "Keep All". This would override what is in OCDData_user.txt but would keep things from being sent when kBay was unavailable but not force the user to change OCDData_user.txt and then restore, if, when kBay comes back.

roippi

Developer
I am using SVN and have update on login. The first character I ran today generated a message about not finding a local copy of OCDefault.txt. I have one and it is dated 6/12. The message and the date stamp suggest to me that there is an update to the data file but somehow it failed for me. Does that sound likely? If so I will pay closer attention next time I run. There is nothing in the session log which once again is leading me to wonder if there is a way I can automatically force everything in the gCLI to also appear in the session log, but that's another thread.

Also kBay seems to be down or unresponsive at the moment. Since this is the second time in the past couple of months, would you consider an OCD flag that converts all "Sell on kBay" to "Keep All". This would override what is in OCDData_user.txt but would keep things from being sent when kBay was unavailable but not force the user to change OCDData_user.txt and then restore, if, when kBay comes back.

r12222

The simplest way to fix your project installation is to delete the project and checkout again. You could also do "svn dec ocd" a few times and then do "svn update ocd".

Bale

Minion

Yes. I would consider an option to disable kBaying. No time for me to work on that feature now. Probably later.