New Content - Implemented Automated Tavern Issue

On r15490, the tavern quest automation for Ed for the faucet has a typo.

In /src/net/sourcerforge/kolmafia/request/TavernRequest.java line 333:

Code:
              request.responseText.indexOf( "Hot and Cold Running Rats" ) != -1 )

Refers to the wrong non-combat (Hot and Cold Dripping Rats (choiceAdv 1001) is after you've already done the faucet as Ed), it should be Everything in Moderation (choiceAdv 1000):

Code:
              request.responseText.indexOf( "Everything in Moderation" ) != -1 )

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
This is the first I've seen that choice #1001 is the Ed post-quest Rat Faucet - and that it is called "Hot and Cold Dripping Rats", as opposed to the non-Ed post-quest Rat Faucet, which is, in fact, "Hot and Cold Running Rats". There is certainly no "typo" in the code which was completely correct for pre-Ed runs and has not been touched to handle Ed, yet.

So, this is New Content for Ed, right, and belongs in the existing thread for such?

I should probably just move it there, but for now, since Revision 15547 attempts to fix it (untested, since I am not currently in Ed and will not be there again for a little while yet), I'll just mark this Waiting for Info and let you test it for me - and once you confirm it, will mark it as New Content - Implemented. ;)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
What do you mean by "triggering the end of the tavern automation"?

If you had already finished the tavern, then, yes - I would expect you'd have to visit the tavern manually to let KoLmafia recognize the faucet square, since it had not picked it up the first time you went there.

But, I am sure you are doing something I don't do; I just do the tavern cellar in the Relay Browser, and then, later, kill rats at the faucet. Although, I have never done that either in-run for Ed, or aftercore following Ed; I did a bunch of rats after Standard runs, for my Normal PVP mini, but haven't lifted a finger to improve that mini since then. I'm farming swagger, not competing. ;)

Tell me what you are doing: the Tavern script from the Quests menu? What?

I'll do my best to make it work correctly, although I have a few more Standard runs before I return to Ed, I figure.

Ensiferum

Not sure if this should go to the main Ed topic or just keep it here...

It seems automation of tavern is entirely broken in Ed runs now, be it through the "tavern" command/menu or the relay browser. In the relay, when encountering a combat, Mafia doesn't recognize it as such and instead of a "script" button to fire the CCS gives us an "again" button that does nothing in fight.

Using "tavern" command resulted in unexpected error with a debug log.
Repeteating the command a few times managed to get to the faucet without any indications of progress in the CLI.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20150307.txt
    187.5 KB · Views: 31

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I just did the built-in "find the faucet" tavern script in a Standard run and it behaved exactly as expected; it explored squares, and as soon as it found the faucet, it turned it off and visited Bart. Since terminating the exploration is based entirely on recognizing the choice adventure name, I don't understand why it wouldn't work the same for Ed, now that that has the new choice adventure name in it, but I'll look at it next time I'm in an Ed run.

Bale

Minion
Tavern quest automation still isn't working quite right in r15565. It should have returned to Bart after the "Everything in Moderation" encounter, but instead it triggered the next encounter at the Rat Faucet.

Searching for faucet...

Visiting Bart Ender

[145] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 4)
Encounter: Crate Expectations

[145] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 3)
Encounter: Staring Down the Barrel

[145] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 2)
Encounter: drunken rat
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents\Dropbox\KolMafia\ccs\PathCombat.ccs [default]
Round 0: Bale loses initiative!
scrollwhendone; if hasskill 7248; skill 7248; endif; if hasskill 17007; skill 17007; endif; sub finito; attack; endsub; call finito; repeat !times 1
Round 1: Bale executes a macro!
Round 1: Bale casts SUMMON LOVE SCARABS!
Round 2: drunken rat takes 6 damage.
You gain 2 Mana Points
Round 2: Bale casts FIST OF THE MUMMY!
Round 3: drunken rat takes 122 damage.
Round 3: Senbahwedamun waves around a censer of mystical incense.
Round 3: Bale wins the fight!
You gain 11 Meat
You acquire an item: rat whisker
You acquire an item: Ka coin (2)
You gain 5 Beefiness
You gain 20 Enchantedness
You gain 7 Chutzpah

[146] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 1, col 1)
Encounter: drunken rat
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\David\My Documents\Dropbox\KolMafia\ccs\PathCombat.ccs [default]
Round 0: Bale wins initiative!
scrollwhendone; if hasskill 7248; skill 7248; endif; if hasskill 17007; skill 17007; endif; sub finito; attack; endsub; call finito; repeat !times 1
Round 2: drunken rat takes 6 damage.
You gain 2 Mana Points
Round 2: Bale casts FIST OF THE MUMMY!
Round 3: drunken rat takes 245 damage.
Round 3: Senbahwedamun chants some stuff that you don't really understand, but presumably the gods do.
After Battle: A love grub shyly approaches you and hands you some extra Meat.
After Battle: Senbahwedamun raises his eyes to the heavens and thanks the gods for his new experience level.
You gain 12 Meat
You acquire an item: rat appendix
You gain 5 Beefiness
You gain 18 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 9 Smarm

[147] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 2, col 1)
Encounter: bunch of drunken rats
Round 0: Bale loses initiative!
You lose 19 hit points
scrollwhendone; if hasskill 7248; skill 7248; endif; if hasskill 17010; skill 17010; endif; sub finito; attack; endsub; call finito; repeat !times 0
Round 2: bunch of drunken rats takes 6 damage.
You gain 2 Mana Points
Round 2: Bale casts STORM OF THE SCARAB!
Round 3: bunch of drunken rats takes 1347 damage.
Round 3: Senbahwedamun waves around a censer of mystical incense.
You gain 18 Meat
You gain 9 Strengthliness
You gain 17 Magicalness
You gain 8 Chutzpah
You gain a Moxie point!

[148] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 3, col 1)
Encounter: Those Who Came Before You
You acquire magical mystery juice (3)
You acquire an item: glittery mascara
You acquire an item: shiny ring

[149] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 1)
Encounter: Everything in Moderation

[150] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 4, col 1)
Encounter: Hot and Cold Dripping Rats
Unsupported choice adventure #1001
choice 1: Do it
choice 2: Leave it alone
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

Last edited:

Crowther

That might explain why when I set the choice wrong I started fighting an unlimited number of rats in run.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I ran the Tavern Quest (faucet) script as not-Ed. Here is my session log:

[224] The Typical Tavern Cellar (row 5, col 1)
Encounter: Of Course!

Visiting Bart Ender
You acquire Typical Tavern swill (3)
Faucet found in row 5, column 1
And here are the requests from my DEBUG log:

Code:
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/cellar.php?whichspot=21&action=explore
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/cellar.php?whichspot=21&action=explore
Field: Location = [choice.php?forceoption=0]
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/choice.php?forceoption=0
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/choice.php?forceoption=0
Of Course!
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/choice.php?whichchoice=509&option=1&pwd
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/choice.php?whichchoice=509&option=1&pwd
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/tavern.php?place=barkeep
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/tavern.php?place=barkeep
Here is my Tavern Layout:

> get tavernLayout

That '3' is the faucet.

So, somehow, even with the redirect to choice.php, we did postTavernVisit and detected the "Of Course!".

I need a DEBUG log to see what is different about Ed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
OK, never mind. I expect nothing is different about Ed - except that he has his own Choice Adventures (1000 & 1001), which need to be handled in the same way as choice 509 & 512.

Revision 15567 should do it.