Bug - Fixed You need 1 more Evilometer to continue.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Ah.

Code:
		// if the Cyrpt quest is active, force evilometer refresh
		// (if we don't know evil levels already)
		if ( Preferences.getString( Quest.CYRPT.getPref() ).equals( QuestDatabase.STARTED ) ||
		     Preferences.getString( Quest.CYRPT.getPref() ).indexOf( "step" ) != -1 )
		{
			if ( Preferences.getInteger( "cyrptTotalEvilness" ) == 0 )
			{
				RequestThread.postRequest( UseItemRequest.getInstance( ItemPool.EVILOMETER ) );
			}
		}
questL07Cyrptic=step1
cyrptTotalEvilness=0

Why is it step1, when I completed it?

Code:
		case ItemPool.BONERDAGON_CHEST:
			QuestDatabase.setQuestProgress( Quest.CYRPT, "step1" );
			break;

case ItemPool.BONERDAGON_SKULL:
			if ( combatResults )
			{
				QuestDatabase.setQuestProgress( Quest.CYRPT, QuestDatabase.FINISHED );
				ResultProcessor.autoCreate( ItemPool.BADASS_BELT );
			}
			break;
I got the chest. However, since I am in Heavy Rains, I didn't get the skull.

Darzil

Developer
Good question. What's the value of questL07Cyrptic ? My gut feeling is that you have killed the Bonerdagon, so are on step1, but haven't handed in the quest. As a result cyrptTotalEvilness is 0 and quest isn't finished, so KoLmafia.refreshSessionData() is trying to find out how evil things are.

I think the check just needs to become if quest is started, but not further.

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
I got the chest. However, since I am in Heavy Rains, I didn't get the skull.
The questscouncil.txt entry should have meant when you handed it in it should have set it to finished, however, there is no need for login to use the Evilometer when the Bonerdagon is dead.

Edit - I guess the quest text is no longer : "So there was a water dragon in the Cyrpt? Huh. That's unexpected. We thought it would just be an ancient skeletal dragon, like usual. This rain is absolutely crazy, Adventurer."

Last edited:

Darzil

Developer
r14868 shouldn't try to use Evilometer if Bonerdagon is dead.

Am still interested to know if either :
A - You hadn't yet talked to the council after killing it.
B - If you had, why talking to the council didn't set it to complete, and nor did the initial visit to the quest log.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Apparently I have not yet talked to the council. At the end of day 1, I'm level 9 - and I know that I visited the council when I hit that level, since I have the Frobozz house installed in my campground. But I waited until the end of the day to do the Cyrpt.

My questlog says

<p><b>Cyrptic Emanations</b><br> Go back to the <a class=nounder target=mainpane href=council.php><b>Council of Loathing</b></a> and inform them of your success.
So, I really have not finished the quest yet.