Feature Displaying Non-Zone Specific Bonus Item in the Left Pane

yojimbos_law

It'd be helpful if the left pane in mafia's main interface displayed your total +item% without including zone specific modifiers in parentheses next to the existing +item% display whenever the two are not equal (the same way it does for +ML in HR).

When preparing to fax something, I'm frequently (re: this run and last run) misled by my +25% item plant. This is bad because it makes me sad to lose trivially cappable items like outfit pieces from war spies, and I believe this feature would prevent misplays like that.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Mafia doesn't actually do that for +ML in HR, it only excludes the +ML from WL. There can still be other location-specific sources included in that value.

If this was done for +item, then arguably it should be done for other values there. At the very least, it would make sense for +ML also, but now you have 3 numbers to display in HR and it's hard to display it clearly.

Even if it was done only for +item, that would make the left part of mafia's window wider, and I think that would bug a lot of people.

That's just the GUI complexity, ignoring the work of actually coding up anything.