Bug - Fixed Peppermint Twist - Creation failed, no results detected

mstieler

So, I'm running into an odd situation. I'm running EatDrink.ash, and it's attempting to use some Peppermint Drinks for my daily aftercore booze. I'm typically running two accounts, each off their own folder of Mafia, and normally things work fine. However, while one account is able to do the following in the CLI:
> create peppermint twist

Verifying ingredients for peppermint twist (1)...
Searching for "peppermint sprout"...
Search complete.
Purchasing peppermint sprout (1 @ 5,000)...
Purchases complete.
You acquire an item: peppermint twist
Successfully created peppermint twist (1)
The second keeps giving me the "Creation failed, no results detected" message at varying parts. Initially on the second account, it was like so:

Creation failed, no results detected
Now, I can get it a little further, like so:

Searching for "peppermint sprout"...
Search complete.
Purchasing peppermint sprout (1 @ 5,000)...
Purchases complete.
Creation failed, no results detected
I'm not sure if there's a setting I can flip on that may help to identify what's going on here (debug? verbosity? something like that).
I am currently running r14677, but had been running into this issue with r14617, and didn't notice anything in the changelog regarding a fix for something like this.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
While we wait for a log, try and create a Peppermint Twist in the relay browser or outside of mafia completely. I have found several similar issues where KoL does not allow a character to do something but KoLmafia does not have that knowledge or script writers do not act on it. For example, KoL and mafia will let me create Russian Ice in Heavy Rains (which is probably a KoL bug) but EatDrink does not detect that I am unable to consume it and suggest something else. There was a previous instance when a script could not create something. Trying it in the relay browser gave a message that the character lacked the flavor of cocktail crafting required to create the drink. In this case mafia's data file was not correct and that was fixed. Creation failures sometimes happen if settings require -in-a-box but the appropriate box has escaped and autorepair is not enabled.

Bottom line - create the item outside of mafia and see whether there is a failure reason.

mstieler

View attachment DEBUG_20140928.txt
Agh, dammit. Okay, started running into it again, so this time, before I ran EatDrink, I clicked "Start Debug Log" under Help, ran EatDrink, then turned the Debug log off after it finished. Debug log is attached. Hopefully people are still looking at this :D

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It did this:

Code:
class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.MultiUseRequest
Processing result: peppermint sprout (-1)
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/multiuse.php?action=useitem&quantity=1&whichitem=5395
In other words, it decided that the correct way to make a Peppermint Twist was by multiusing 1 peppermint sprout. Sure enough, concoctions.txt says this:

Code:
peppermint twist	MUSE	peppermint sprout (1)
We have to mark it MUSE, rather than SUSE, since otherwise we will think that in order to make 10 of the item, you can call multiuse.php with a quantity of 10; this way it will make them one at a time.

However, I had been under the impression that MultiUseRequest would call inv_use.php, not multiuse.php, when the quantity to be used was 1. Maybe I am wrong about that, and KoL itself has changed and no longer accepts multiuse.php with quantity 1, but something has changed.

I'll look at this.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I see no indication that MultiUseRequest ever called inv_use.php for multiusing single items. But, Revision 14751 makes it do that.

> create 2 peppermint twist

Verifying ingredients for peppermint twist (2)...

mstieler

Yeah, that's the weird thing, I know I've seen EatDrink make 10 twists before, one after the other (just "Use 1 peppermint sprout // You acquire an item: peppermint twist") so I'm not quite sure why it goes back and forth.

Edit: I'll get Mafia updated to that revision and see how it goes tomorrow.