Bug - Waiting for Info lightning strike doesn't end combat

Hey, hopefully this isn't something specific to me.

Using lighting strike (which is an autokill+free runaway) and then trying to do something via the GUI (which requires not being in combat- using an item, change equipment..) gives "You are currently in a fight." and doesn't execute. this is depite the fact that the combat HAS ended. Starting and finishing another fight (not using lightning strike) fixes this.

Just me?

Thanks in advance.

Theraze

Just as a note: The tags after the initial types - like "Waiting for Info" - are for the admins to mark bug status. Specifically, that one means that the bug is either probably fixed and is waiting for you to confirm whether it's actually done, or that you haven't actually given enough information for anyone to fix the bug and they're waiting for you to give enough information or the bug will be abandoned and ignored.

You probably don't want to mark those in the future. Just mark it as a bug, feature request, or new content. :)

Darzil

Developer
I won't be able to test this for quite a while, as planning to be mostly in Oxy and Bad Moon due to real life time squeezing.

A quick look at the code made it seem odd, unless the html when winning with Lightning Strike is odd, but was only a quick look.

Bale

Minion
I tried to reproduce the bug PartyBasher described by changing my off-hand item in the Gear Changer after winning a fight with Lightning Strike. Then I tried winning another fight with Lightning Strike and typing "use confusing LED clock" in the CLI.

In both cases I failed to reproduce this bug. Mafia did exactly what was expected. Of course, the first post was very non-specific so I am not sure I did what was needed to cause the bug.

PartyBasher, you'll have to be a lot more specific. What did you do and how did you do it? Did you type in the CLI, did you select an item from a drop down in some specific panel? Once we have a reproducible case we can change the tag. It might even be relevant for you to tell us what browser you are using. If this is "just you" then we still would like to figure out how to help you debug your problem.

unless the html when winning with Lightning Strike is odd

HTML when winning with Lightning Strike includes <center>You win the fight!<!--WINWINWIN--><p>

That should be all mafia needs to know.

Last edited:

Crowther

Since I have Thor's Pliers, I've cast lightning strike many times and I've never noticed this bug either. I did lightning strike manually in the relay browser, it's very possible PartyBasher does something different.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am also unable to reproduce this bug. I, too, have Thor's Pliers, so I, too, use Lightning Strike many times a day. KoLmafia has never thought I was still in a fight after I've done that.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
For reference, here is an entry from my session log. There is no ambiguity about Lightning Strike ending the combat.

We need more information about exactly what you are doing differently. You could start by posting YOUR session log entry for the battle that ended using Lightning Strike that supposedly left you in the middle of a battle...

Code:
[652] Near an Abandoned Refrigerator
Encounter: A.M.C. gremlin
Round 0: Veracity wins initiative!
Round 1: Veracity casts LIGHTNING STRIKE!
Round 2: Hobo Grrl jumps out of the Buddy Bjorn and dances around your opponent's feet, burning it with his cigar (14 damage) and yanking at its shoelaces (or whatever it has).
Round 2: A.M.C. gremlin takes 14 damage.
Round 2: A.M.C. gremlin drops 4 attack power.
Round 2: A.M.C. gremlin drops 5 defense.
Round 2: Veracity wins the fight!
You acquire an item: bottle of vodka
After Battle: Hobo Grrl surveys the scene from your back, and gains 1 Experience.
You gain 94 Meat
After Battle: Raven 'Raven' Ravengrrl draws a big fake smile onto his face, and says, "why so serious?" from behind it. (+7 Stats)
You gain 17 Muscleboundness
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 14 Enchantedness
You gain 44 Sarcasm