Feature Black Market autostop

I just wanted to request an autostop to adventuring when the Black Market is discovered. As far as I know, this isn't currently implemented - which seems weird. If it's just me, I can post any relevant info to make this a bug report instead.

The relevant post-combat text is At long last, you discover the trail leading to the Black Market. Frustrated that it took so long, you wonder why they didn't just put up a sign. But then you remember what a black market is, and realize why that would have been a bad idea.

Hmm. I hadn't considered that this was that different from other autostops.

Isn't there an autostop when the Pyramid is uncovered? Or am I totally making that up? Doesn't that work the same way?

Bale

Minion
Isn't there an autostop when the Pyramid is uncovered? Or am I totally making that up? Doesn't that work the same way?

The adventures inside the Pyramid where you unlock the other chambers are not autostops. I'm not exactly sure to what you are referring.

Crowther

I normally play from the CLI. When I hit the black forest after a few turns, I have to switch back to the relay browser and click "woods" every turn to see if the black market is there. So I'm switching back and forth and back and forth. I guess I could write some kind of script that checks run_combat() for the text, but this is the only place in the game where I have do this. I was really hoping there was some trick I was missing when I saw the thread title.

Fluxxdog

From questslog.txt questL11Black step3 (if I'm reading it right) is "Go to the Black Market and buy some forged identification documents." which would imply that step3 should be tracked already.

Edit: No, I'm wrong, did some checking. It's step2, plus there's the preference blackForestProgress, which is 5 when you actually find the market.

On a side note, would it be possible to make opening the market a goal?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
blackForestProgress is already traced, so it should be possible.

When blackForestProgress reaches five the market is open.

Fluxxdog

Huh... Actually, it might not. Looking at QuestLogRequest.java, line 154:
Code:
	public static final boolean isBlackMarketAvailable()
	{
		if ( Preferences.getInteger( "lastWuTangDefeated" ) == KoLCharacter.getAscensions() )
		{
			return false;
		}
		String pref = Preferences.getString( Quest.MACGUFFIN.getPref() );

return pref.equals( QuestDatabase.FINISHED ) || pref.indexOf( "step" ) != -1;
	}
Shouldn't it be checking for Quest.BLACK.isQuestLaterThan("step2") ?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Chances are this won't get added any time soon because it requires adding something completely new to mafia. You can make your own betweenBattleScript to accomplish the same thing, though.

Chances are this won't get added any time soon because it requires adding something completely new to mafia. You can make your own betweenBattleScript to accomplish the same thing, though.
Is it actually a new feature? Forgive me if I've overlooked something, but I asked this a while back:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Has that actually been an autostop at any point since the desert was revamped? I was under the impression that Mafia detected autostops based on the adventure name, which would make this (autostopping when a bit of page text is matched) a completely new feature in Mafia.