Bug - Fixed No use link on Spooky Temple Map

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Yeah.

I added code to not generate use links for items that could not be currently used, in order to not give you a dance card use link if the dance card counter was going.
It was pointed out that things found during a choice chain - like desert sightseeing pamphlets - did not get a use link.
So I just put in a special check for dance cards to check the turn counter - but I apparently forgot to remove maximum use > 0 check I'd added.

Getting spooky sapling/map/fertilizer happens in a choice, so, were suppressed.

Revision 14269

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
FWIW, I'll give a little explanation/lesson about this issue.

When you adventure in the Relay Browser and gain items (either in a combat or a fight), KoLmafia generates a "use link" for each item that you gain. If the combat is over or the choice chain is done (choice.php does not appear on the page), you will see the links immediately. If the combat or choice chain is still active, KoLmafia saves the links on a "deferred" list. Then, when the combat or choice chain is done, it shows you whole deferred list as "Things found during this adventure".

Note that when it adds an item to the deferred list, the use link is generated using the conditions that exist right then. You've noticed that in the 8-bit realm we give a "count" of how many white pixels you can generate using the R/G/B/W pixels you currently have? This explains why you can pickpocket a white pixel, say - and the number is [15] - and then when you find another in a later round of combat, the number will be [16].

And that is why "maximum uses" can't be checked to determine if an item gets a use link if it is possible to get the item while a choice chain is active, since you can't "use" an item in that case and the method returns 0.

You get the spooky map or spooky fertilizer on the last choice of the choice chain, so I expect those would not be affected, but you get the spooky sapling while talking to the bear hunter - and you get desert sightseeing pamphlets while talking to Gnasir - and in both cases, you have to exit the choice chain before getting "items found in this adventure" - and the use links were already created for that list.

I suppose we could just save the items and then generate use links when all finished. That's not a bad idea, but it seems like a lot of work. More work than I have time for, at the moment.

Darzil

Developer
Probably doesn't matter, but also looks like whereas links when you get a drop used to say "use", even if multiusable, when you get the first drop, and only "multiple use" when you have more than one and they are multiusable, now they show "use" or "multiple use" depending on whether they are single or multiuse even if you have only one.