Feature - Implemented Detecting detective skull words

<p>Your Detective Skull's eyes glow yellow and it murmurs "The dame said... That dame... She... She said... <font color=yellow>sword</font>..."

There is an example of the in-combat text.
Apparently you need four of these words to unlock a drink

Bale

Minion
Because this one is the hardest to get without assistance from mafia. It might show up randomly during combat while stasising. That's troublesome.

Of all the features Kirk has asked for lately, this is the only one I would find useful. The question is how to save/present the words in a useful manner since they are dependent on the current clan and there are four different words a single player might get for their currently selected clan.

xKiv

Here is how I used mafia to help me get these words yesterday:

in CLI:
Code:
debug on

then just adventure

then in shell (or do an equivalent in your favorite advanced text editor):
Code:
grep 'The dame said' DEBUG_20140705.txt | sed -e 's/.*font color=yellow>//' -e 's/<\/font.*//'

This will, of course, generate a huge debug file (I had about 75 MB), which will also contain everything said in chat - but anything said in chat will look like this (because we don't have colors):
Code:
{"msgs":[{"msg":"The dame said... That dame... She... She said... ideal","type":"public","mid":"1380743472","who":{"name":"xKiv","id":"1718146","color":"#FF0033"},"format":"0","channel":"clan","channelcolor":"#FF33CC","time":"1404610441"}],"last":"1380743472","delay":3000}

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Because this one is the hardest to get without assistance from mafia. It might show up randomly during combat while stasising. That's troublesome.

Of all the features Kirk has asked for lately, this is the only one I would find useful. The question is how to save/present the words in a useful manner since they are dependent on the current clan and there are four different words a single player might get for their currently selected clan.

The only support I would add is to make mafia abort when the word shows up. I would expect a script for that would be similar to a script that aborts when resting gives a letter. Given that mafia's typical approach when switching clans is to clear all clan-specific information, I don't expect there to be a reasonable way to track all the words.

which will also contain everything said in chat
I'm pretty sure that's because you have Extra Debugging -> "Include chat-related requests in debug log" checked.

The question is how to save/present the words in a useful manner since they are dependent on the current clan and there are four different words a single player might get for their currently selected clan.

I would be happy if the word was printed out in the CLI window (and to the mafia log) for the day. I did not know about the debug option or I would have done the same thing you did.

Darzil

Developer
TRY r14168, and tell me if it's logged in CLI and session log. I didn't get a yellow word, so couldn't verify it worked.

Darzil

Developer
r14169 adds copperhead bartender and 64735 scroll clues. These work, so pretty sure yellow word will too.

If people can get me the html for the other ones, I'll add them too.

Magus_Prime

Here's what I got this morning in my debug log:

Code:
<p>Your Detective Skull's eyes glow yellow and it murmurs "The dame said...  That dame...  She...  She said...  <font color=yellow>death</font>..."<p>

jakatk

Tried using r14169 early yesterday, in the browser, saw a yellow word, but it was not recorded in the cli, nor the session log. I then tried r14171 later that day and had the same result. Am I doing something wrong?