Bug - Not A Bug r14137 - Haunted Bathroom choice setting fails

Fluxxdog

So I'm powerleveling my Mys after getting out of an HCO run, and every time it comes across the Lights Out choice in the bathroom it always stops and requests a manual choice.

The first time, I thought I had already set 'choiceAdventure892' to 1 so it would just skip it. I had done it in other areas of the manor and it works.

I typed 'choice 1 always' into the CLI. The next time, it stopped again. I typed 'get choiceAdventure892' and it came up '1'.
I typed 'choice 1 always' and burned 37 more turns. Turned on the debug log, went to adventure 1 more time and it came up with a manual request. Did choice one, came here, wrote up the bug, and attached the log.

If you need me to do more in the bathroom to fish this out, let me know!

Attachments

• DEBUG_20140629.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 70

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
All of the Lights Out adventures are controlled by a single setting - lightsOutAutomation - rather than individual choiceAdventureXXX settings. When you go to the Choice Advs tab, what does it say for the "Lights Out" setting?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
That setting shows up under Manor1, so you won't see it with the bathroom selected, and you'll have to switch zones or just type in Manor1 directly.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That's interesting. Given that, it might make sense to duplicate that GUI element for all of the Manor floors.

On the other hand, I can just see the bug report where somebody says "I want Lights Out to do X on floor 1 and to do Y on floor 2 but it's not working." I don't think we need to cater to stupidity, but still...

Darzil

Developer
That's interesting. Given that, it might make sense to duplicate that GUI element for all of the Manor floors.

I had a VERY quick try of that just before I put it live, but for some reason ended up with the label on all floors, but no dropdown with it. I figured it'd be a set it once thing anyway, so probably not a big deal.

Fluxxdog

All of the Lights Out adventures are controlled by a single setting - lightsOutAutomation - rather than individual choiceAdventureXXX settings. When you go to the Choice Advs tab, what does it say for the "Lights Out" setting?
Checked my setting file directly for that:
Code:
	Line 1446: lastSpookyravenLightsOut=1170
	Line 1466: lightsOutAutomation=0
	Line 1825: trackLightsOut=true
Didn't even know about the automation option. So, not a bug? It just seemed like mafia was ignoring my settings. Nice to know it was still actually doing what I told it to even if I didn't know I was telling it.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You correctly observed that KoLmafia was ignoring your choiceAdventureXXX setting for one of the Lights Out choices. Since that is intentional behavior because all of the Lights Out adventures have been collapsed into other settings, this is Not a Bug.