Feature - Rejected Not sure if bug or feature request: problems with bounty hunting in Dis

jolson42

Due to the way Dis combat is anapestised, the bounty items from the Sorrowful Hickory are collected, but not mentioned in the combat text. As a result, Mafia doesn't recognise that they dropped, and you can't just tell it to run turns in the grove until you get lucre, like you can with other bounties.
Could there be a special case set up so that the bounty hunting feature tracks sorrowful hickory kills instead of hickory chicory drops, or forces a recheck at the end of combat?

Theraze

Since it's no longer an actual item and is only a virtual item, there's nothing to be rechecked at the end of combat...

Darzil

Developer
It's not an actual item, but it's tracked in the quest log.
I did log a bug with KoL when it first appeared as there is no message to parse for the bounty drop. My preference is to recognise it when it gets added (so please tell me if it is!).

I don't plan to hit the quest log after every kill to parse it and update the bounty. It will update automatically now if you visit the bounty hunter, but I also don't plan to hit the hunter after every kill either.

On consideration, I advise logging a bug with KoL that there is no mention of the bounty item dropping in the combat text.

When fixed, we can then call recognising that text a New Content request.

Darzil

Developer
Marked rejected for now. We'll raise a new content request to recognise the anapests bounty text if KoL adds it due to our bug reports.