Bug - Not A Bug "bounty" command output is malformed in gCLI

Ioeth

Noticed today that the output of the "bounty" command in the gCLI appears to be malformed. See attached screenshot.

Attachments

• malformed_bounty.png
    malformed_bounty.png
    75.6 KB · Views: 88

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
You noticed it today, but that screenshot appears to not be from today, or at least doesn't have today's bounties.

I'm not seeing anything wrong there.

Bale

Minion
Wasn't there another "bug report" from someone that had a similar problem with malformed tables and it was tracked to him using a beta version of java 8? Or am I misremembering that?

Ah, found it! HERE! It looks like the same problem.

Ioeth, can you confirm that you are using java 8? That has not yet been officially released, so if so please downgrade to the official release, java 7, and let us know if that fixes the problem.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Regardless of whether Java 8 has been "officially released", if correct HTML renders renders nicely in Java 7, but in Java 8 it renders poorly, that is clearly a bug in Java 8, not something that KoLmafia needs to try to work around.

Theraze

Java 7 is still the recommended version on http://www.java.com/en/download/ but the question of whether there should be a sticky post on the Bug forum telling people not to post Java 8 bugs, like the Java 7 thread that we had back when it was still in early testing stages, remains valid...

I suggest we link to http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java8.xml which begins with:
Why is Java 8 not available on java.com?

Java 8 is the latest release for Java that contains new features, enhancements and bug fixes to improve efficiency to develop and run Java programs.

The new release of Java is first made available to developers to ensure no major problems are found before we make it available on the java.com website for end users to download. If you are interested in trying Java 8 it can be downloaded from Oracle.com.