New Content - Implemented Spirit Portal (New TT revamp event)

Bale

Minion
Adding new location: The Spirit World - adventure.php?snarfblat=365

Ah, The Spirit World! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!

Monsters:
  • spirit pea
  • spirit faucet
  • spirit bedbug
All monsters scale to player moxie and muscle, minus 5, after adjusting for ML. Cap at 500.
All three are undead monsters with no element, and all three always lose initiative.
All three drop spirit gum.

Unknown item found: spirit gum (6885, 791109479)
--------------------
6885 spirit gum 791109479 spiritgum.gif usable t,d 5
spirit gum Effect: "Spirit Bubble", Effect Duration: 10
--------------------
--------------------
1438 Spirit Bubble sphere.gif e0175cc5f83e7d239a7535bde4154ef3 use 1 spirit gum
Spirit Bubble Damage Reduction: 10, Spooky Damage: +10, Spooky Spell Damage: +10
--------------------

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Several items drop by non-combats:

Unknown item found: spirit blanket (6889, 806445121)
--------------------
6889 spirit blanket 806445121 spiritblanket.gif usable t 0
# spirit blanket
--------------------
Unknown item found: spirit bed (6890, 528640837)
--------------------
6890 spirit bed 528640837 spiritbed.gif usable t 0
# spirit bed
--------------------
Unknown item found: spirit mattress (6888, 225865373)
--------------------
6888 spirit mattress 225865373 spiritmattress.gif usable t 0
# spirit mattress
--------------------
Unknown item found: spirit pillow (6886, 837578037)
--------------------
6886 spirit pillow 837578037 spiritpillow.gif usable t 0
# spirit pillow
--------------------
Unknown item found: spirit sheet (6887, 873296406)
--------------------
6887 spirit sheet 873296406 spiritsheet.gif usable t 0
# spirit sheet
--------------------

Magus_Prime

If you have all four spirit bedding items in inventory and you use any of them they combine to form:

Unknown item found: spirit bed (6890, 528640837)
--------------------
6890 spirit bed 528640837 spiritbed.gif usable t 0
# spirit bed
--------------------

Using the spirit bed installs it in your campground dwelling. The description in the dwelling reads: "You sleep on a bed that puts you in touch with the spirit world."

magered

Not sure if it should go here or a separate bug report; AT pickpocket via CCS is not working in The Spirit World. I checked (via a turn in The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky (Top Floor)) to ensure that it is working elsewhere. Basically, it goes straight to attack which is the second action in my default CCS, bypassing the steal item even though I have the initiative. I can manually select steal via the button in the relay browser and it works fine (the gum is steal-able, 2 successes in about 40 try's). I made a separate CCS with just:

[ default ]
try to steal an item
attack with weapon

And it would still not execute the pickpocket. Running a turn straight through mafia or executing the script via the relay browser, same problem. It shows in the CLI that I win initiative, execute macro, and then attack. r13085 and r13086, same problem.

Thanks.

Winterbay

That is probably because Mafia doesn't think you have anything to gain from pickpocketing. You can change the try to steal-line to "pickpocket" which should pass the command on without Mafia's logic trying to be smart.

magered

That is probably because Mafia doesn't think you have anything to gain from pickpocketing. You can change the try to steal-line to "pickpocket" which should pass the command on without Mafia's logic trying to be smart.

In CCS editor, typing in (no quotes) "pickpocket" and selecting save reverts the line to "try to steal an item". "Pickpocket" in quotes is not recognized as a valid command and aborts. Am I doing it wrong?

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Putting things in quotes usually means you aren't supposed to copy the quotes. I wasn't surprised at the confusion.

magered

oddly enough, the DB pickpocket skill works as CCS "try to steal an item" (no quotes) in the spirit world. r13086.

magered

What is "the DB pickpocket skill"?

Um, I am not sure what you are asking or if I should be looking for Alex Trebek?

All I am trying to get across is that pickpocketing as a AT is not working via the CCS when written as "try to steal an item" (no quotes) in the spirit world. It works in the rest of the KoLverse, just not the new area. Pickpocketing as a DB via the CCS when written as "try to steal an item" (no quotes) works in the spirit world, as it does in the rest of the KoLverse. At least as of r13086.

"pickpocket" (with quotes) = "try to steal an item" (no quotes). That was new to me and I thank Winterbay for the lesson. Yours is the superior intellect.

Veracity, yes I messed up entering it with quotes the first time and I tried it again the second time and it worked, shame on me. Thank you for your help and awesome support of Mafia.

Bale

Minion
It's not a bug. It is an honest-to-god feature that you are misunderstanding.

Mafia will skip "try to steal an item" when you're likely to get hit unless you uncheck the option that says "skip pickpocketing when no useful results or too dangerous." That's what is up with the advice you're getting to force the pickpocket by issuing a macro command. Alternately they could advise you to uncheck the option, but they probably believe you want it active when you are in a zone with non-scaling monsters.

Probably something is different for your DB character like not running the MCD at 10.

Last edited:

magered

It's not a bug. It is an honest-to-god feature that you are misunderstanding.

Mafia will skip "try to steal an item" when you're likely to get hit unless you uncheck the option that says "skip pickpocketing when no useful results or too dangerous." That's what is up with the advice you're getting to force the pickpocket by issuing a macro command. Alternately they could advise you to uncheck the option, but they probably believe you want it active when you are in a zone with non-scaling monsters.

Probably something is different for your DB character like not running the MCD at 10.

Ah, ha! That would be it exactly. Very many thanks!

mstieler

Today the NC has a second choice, resulting in a combat with Spirit Alarm Clock, which dropped:
Unknown item found: spirit bell (6891, 691928915)
--------------------
6891 spirit bell 691928915 spiritbell.gif accessory 0
spirit bell 0 none
# spirit bell: Gain the favor of the Turtle Spirits more quickly
spirit bell Muscle: +5, Mysticality: +5, Maximum HP: +10, Maximum MP: +10, Class: "Turtle Tamer"
--------------------

Darzil

Developer
Corrected monster stats, scales to stats + 5, capped at 1000. Added non-combat option (aborts if you have chosen option 2 and haven't got the option because you've already killed it). r13103