Bug - Fixed r12941 - Clip art fail

Fluxxdog

Code:
Verifying ingredients...
Creating 3 unbearable light...
Casting Summon Clip Art 1 times...
You acquire an item: unbearable light
Summon Clip Art was successfully cast.
Successfully created unbearable light (1)
Casting Summon Clip Art 2 times...
Creation failed, no results detected.
I chose to create 3 unbearable lights from the Creatable tab. _clipArtSummons was set to 3. AFAIK, you can only summon one Clip Art at a time.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The most likely scenario is that a clip art summon happened without mafia tracking it. Unless messages like that show up even when mafia knows you have already made 3 items today.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
From the Creatable tab:

Verifying ingredients...

> get _clipartSummons

(I assume you mean _clipartSummons rather than _clipArtSummons, since case matters and the KoLmafia does not use the second one.)

Fluxxdog

Yes, typo was on my part, not mafia's. Will get log. Couldn't play yesterday. And I'll be damned if this turns out to be one of those "Oh, someone else is looking? Now I'll work perfectly fine!"

Update: Debug log attached using r12960.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20131025.txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
How odd.

Gee, I sure wish I could figure out how to make KoLmafia attempt to summon more than 1 clip art in a single request. I see it in your debug log, but that's sure not how it behaves for me.

P.S. Do not edit your response 4 hours after you make it in order to add a DEBUG log. I'd read the original response soon after you posted it and when you edited it, it did not show as modified until I happened to look at this thread, more than 24 hours later, and discovered you'd changed your post.

We do not have a rule in this forum against making multiple posts in succession. I have always considered that to be a "dumb as rocks" forum rule, but, fortunately, in THIS forum, we are not "dumb as rocks".

Unless you are editing a post you made 5 minutes ago, assume that the person you are writing to might have already read the post you are editing, and make a new response.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

Sorry about that. I'll keep it in mind for next time.

As far as replicating, is there a setting I may have tinkered with that might caused that? I seem to remember long ago in a galaxy far... wait, wrong story. When Clip Art summoning was first introduced, there were safeties put in to only make it summon 1 at a time. There shouldn't be any way to alter that short of rewriting code, right?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
It's bizarre. I do not understand why it doing UseSkillRequests for your creations, rather than ClipArtRequests. I expect that has something to do with the problem, but I have not figured out why it is doing that.

Edit: OK, I see that ClipArtRequest makes a UseSkillRequest. Continuing investigation...

Code:
Verifying ingredients...
class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.UseSkillRequest
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=6&clip2=6&clip3=6&quantity=1
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=6&clip2=6&clip3=6&quantity=1
Processing results...
Processing result: unbearable light
Processing result:  MP: -2
class net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.UseSkillRequest
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=6&clip2=6&clip3=6&quantity=2
Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=6&clip2=6&clip3=6&quantity=2
Processing results...
Processing result: unbearable light
Processing result:  MP: -4

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am still completely unable to reproduce this, but I cleaned up some code in useSkillRequest to make extra double sure that it never thinks it is casting Summon Clip Art more than once at a time.

Fluxxdog

Happened again with r13523. I'll get a new debug log tomorrow. Should I start a new thread? The CLI is the same as my first post.

Fluxxdog

r13527 - Clip Art failed again

In HC, I selected unbearable light from the Creatable section of the Item Manager. When it prompts me for how many to make, I choose 3.
Code:
Verifying ingredients...
[COLOR="#FF0000"]Creation failed, no results detected.[/COLOR]
It only makes two lights, but mafia still thinks it cast Clip Art 3 times.

Debug log attached. Of note is line 237:
Code:
Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=6&clip2=6&clip3=6&quantity=2
It was working as I had submitted what seems like an identical bug report here and it seemed to work.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
creation error (clip art)

As part of my startup script, I have this ash command:
Code:
create(3-to_int(get_property("_clipartSummons")),$item[bucket of wine]);

This gives an error (sometimes?) as it tries to create 2 buckets of wine at once. This is the CLI output:

Creating 3 bucket of wine...
You acquire an item: bucket of wine
Successfully created bucket of wine (1)
Successfully created bucket of wine (1)
Creation failed, no results detected.

I don't notice this error every time the script runs, but I do not run this script every day either (only in aftercore).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'm going to merge this with Fluxdog's similar report.

I have already spent too many hours failing to reproduce it - and failing to see how it is even possible in the code - to feel motivated to look again, wven though you are now the second person to have the issue. Perhaps somebody else will help you.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I have calls to clip run in my logout script for two characters. I thought I have seen this but it is logout so I have not been paying attention. I can certainly instrument things to assist.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
ok, I will search my log files a bit more and see if I can see where it might have failed and might have succeeded...
My last failure was with r14194

more data, to make this worse:

20140708:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

20140709:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

20140710:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 2 Summon Clip Art

20140711:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

20140712:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

20140713:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

20140714:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 1 Summon Clip Art

20140715:
Code:
cast 1 Summon Clip Art

cast 2 Summon Clip Art

Looking back more, this failure also occurred on 20140610, 20140619, 20140621

There is a ghost in this machine!

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

The only thing that ever struck me as erroneous was that it was slapping &quantity=2 on the end of it. Why does it do that?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
All my logs for July have Cast 1. grep shows no "failed" so the quick response is that this didn't happen in July to me.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
All my logs for July have Cast 1. grep shows no "failed" so the quick response is that this didn't happen in July to me.

FYI - I fudged by logs and I added the "Creation failed, no results detected." This is printed in the CLI, but does not appear in my logs.
However, it does happen every time there is a "cast 2 Summon Clip Art"

EDIT: just logged on right after rollover and ran the same script again, with r14194, no errors.

Last edited:

Fluxxdog

Code:
	Line 48: Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=4&clip2=7&clip3=7
	Line 56: Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=4&clip2=7&clip3=7
	Line 249: Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=4&clip2=7&clip3=7
	Line 257: Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=4&clip2=7&clip3=7
	Line 476: Requesting: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=4&clip2=7&clip3=7
	Line 484: Retrieved: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/campground.php?preaction=combinecliparts&clip1=4&clip2=7&clip3=7
Created 3 cold-filtered waters from the creatable tab, this is from the debug. There's no quantity tacked on. If you can get a debug where this doesn't happen, that would help nail down the glitch.