Bug - Fixed Spaghetti Breakfast

rickerscott

I just learned Spaghetti Breakfast. For some reason when mafia needs to burn mana because I've gained too much it seems to think Spaghetti Breakfast can be cast more than once a day. All I see in the logs is:
Casting Spaghetti Breakfast 1 times...
That skill is currently unavailable.

Any idea if I can remove it from the list of items for mana burning? I do have pyromania installed, but it's not listed in there.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The problem is that mafia doesn't know you cast it, for some reason. set _spaghettiBreakfast = true will fix that for today. Except I already told you this in /hardcore, where you apparently ignored me. Without more information, all I can really do with this is mark Cannot Reproduce.

Theraze

> ash $skill[spaghetti break]

Changing "spaghetti break" to "Spaghetti Breakfast" would get rid of this message ()
Returned: Spaghetti Breakfast
level => -1
traincost => 0
class => none
libram => false
passive => false
buff => false
combat => false
song => false
permable => true
dailylimit => 1
timescast => 0
It knows that there's a daily limit of once. If your skill isn't marked as cast, and it doesn't realize it when you cast it, what you probably need to do is post the failure text when you try to cast it. Then it can be marked as uncastable and trying to use an unusable skill shouldn't happen anymore...

neminem

The problem is that mafia doesn't know you cast it, for some reason. set _spaghettiBreakfast = true will fix that for today. Except I already told you this in /hardcore, where you apparently ignored me. Without more information, all I can really do with this is mark Cannot Reproduce.
Thanks! I just ran into the same issue, only with Cold One - I don't know why mafia didn't want to set that flag itself, but sending the request "set _coldOne = true" to mafia did indeed allow me to continue adventuring. So yay.

Last edited:

neminem

Thanks! I just ran into the same issue, only with Cold One - I don't know why mafia didn't want to set that flag itself, but sending the request "set _coldOne = true" to mafia did indeed allow me to continue adventuring. So yay.
And... it just happened again, again with cold one. I don't know why Mafia attempting to cast something and failing because it was already cast (outside of Mafia), can't just set that flag and continue, so it won't keep trying to cast it? I mean, it's not a constant problem, but it does seem to be an occasional sporadic one. (I think this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've run into it.)

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't know why Mafia attempting to cast something and failing because it was already cast (outside of Mafia), can't just set that flag and continue, so it won't keep trying to cast it?
Is that what happened? If so, I'd say that it "can't just set that flag and continue" because nobody has gotten the failure message and coded something to deal with it.

Should be easy enough to test.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I cast the two skills logged into a vanilla browser.

You plunge your hand into a nearby snowbank (after first traveling several miles to find a snowbank) and pull out a cold one.
(image of Cold One) You acquire an item: Cold One

You concentrate, and summon a batch of delicious spaghetti noodles. Then you concentrate some more, and conjure up a glob of delicious marinara sauce. Then as you're about to heat them up, a flasher walks by and opens his trench coat in your direction, disrupting your concentration and corrupting the results.
(image of spaghetti breakfast) You acquire an item: spaghetti breakfast

I logged out and logged in via KoLmafia. In the gCLI:

> debug on

> get _coldOne

false

> cast 1 cold one

Casting Grab a Cold One 1 times...

> get _coldOne

false

> get _spaghettiBreakfast

false

> cast 1 spaghetti breakfast

Casting Spaghetti Breakfast 1 times...

> get _spaghettiBreakfast

true

> debug off
Looking at the DEBUG log, in both cases, KoL said "You can't use that skill."

It looks like we detect the failure for the spaghetti breakfast and remember that you've used it, but do not have that code in place for the Cold One.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 14657 sets _coldOne to true if you try to cast the skill and KoL says "You can't use that skill."

I put the check immediately following the existing check for spaghetti breakfast. I wonder when that was added? After the OP wrote this Bug Report? He also didn't follow up and say he'd cast the skill outside of KoLmafia, so we don't know for sure that was his problem, but it's hard to imagine what else the problem could be. Perhaps this is actually Bug - Fixed.