Feature Support for Damage vs Bugbears/Ghosts/Orcs/Skeletons/Vampires/Werewolves/Zombies

Crowther

I'm usually wrong about these things, but I wondered if the new clan dungeon might have Bugbears/Ghosts/Orcs/Skeletons/Vampires/Werewolves/Zombies. There seem to be a lot of new items that do damage to them. If not, maybe this Halloween it will be important.

I'm wondering if adding that support now would be easier than adding it during the flurry of new content later. I've no idea if this is easy or hard. It's outside of any mafia code I've messed with.

Probably just a dumb idea, because if it's easy, it can be done later. If it's hard, there's no reason to do it until it's needed.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
# safarrri hat: +10 Damage vs. Lions
# Mer-kin finpaddle: +100 Damage vs. Mer-kin
# charming flute: +20 Damage vs. Snakes
# goblin hunting spear: +15 Damage vs. Jungle Beasts
# Deep-Seated Rage: +100 Damage vs. Mer-kin

Not to mention those. The Mer-kin things are probably the only reasonably useful ones.

Crowther

# safarrri hat: +10 Damage vs. Lions
# Mer-kin finpaddle: +100 Damage vs. Mer-kin
# charming flute: +20 Damage vs. Snakes
# goblin hunting spear: +15 Damage vs. Jungle Beasts
# Deep-Seated Rage: +100 Damage vs. Mer-kin

Not to mention those. The Mer-kin things are probably the only reasonably useful ones.
Ha! Yeah. I saw those after I made the post and before I purchased a bunch of "+Damage vs" items. I think it's obvious that Lions, Snakes and Beasts are jokes. The five from the haunted sorority clan dungeon (not bugbears and orcs) match the Jick sword, so that's what I expect. Still, "heads up!"

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The safarrri hat actually gives +10 damage against the one lion in the game. I expect the others actually work against the small number of applicable monsters.

Fluxxdog

Huh, I thought mafia did have some kind of support for these. Though now that I think of it, I never tried "skeleton dmg" in the maximizer. One would reasonably suspect it to treat it like weapon damage. But then, given how much people having been asking about it until now, nobody's noticed either way.

Of course, if some of the rumors about different monsters in the new clan dungeon are true, people will want that. Especially with their SoPGs.

Crowther

Huh, I thought mafia did have some kind of support for these. Though now that I think of it, I never tried "skeleton dmg" in the maximizer. One would reasonably suspect it to treat it like weapon damage. But then, given how much people having been asking about it until now, nobody's noticed either way.
I believe it only supported as far as being listed as modifiers. The maximizer does not know about it. For now, the +dmg is so weak, they aren't useful. At least to me with plenty of skillz. Given that KoL adds new combat rules with every new zone such that it seems like they're trying to break mafia, I suspect it will be useful somehow. Still, I agree with wait and see. I don't even know where to begin adding even a hacked version to my setup like I did with the crazy 8-bit jar zone stuff.

Fluxxdog

Heh, yeah, sometimes it does seem they're trying to break it. Or maybe they're challenging? That sounds better. Yeah, they're challenging mafia ^^

Crowther

This is looking more interesting now that we have Dreadsylvania
Honestly, I thought there's be some puzzle type mechanic that required +damage. As you say, more interesting, but still not very compelling, because those bonuses are so small.