Mall stock?

Razorsoup

Is there any way, in an ash script, to get a rough estimate of how many of a given item are for sale in the mall? I'm wanting to modify fronobulax's managestore.ash to consider total mall stock when deciding what to keep in the mall and what to remove and autosell.

Razorsoup

Thanks. I looked in the wiki and couldn't find a native function that would do it but wanted to ask before I attempt to hack something together. From what I can tell, I'll have to parse the page at /mall.php?justitems=0&pudnuggler="ITEMNAMEHERE" to add up the items available. This will only give me the first 50 stores unless there is a way to have visit_url() load the "[Show More Stores]" link at the bottom.

Razorsoup

Mafia won't let you do that.

In that case, I have no idea how I could accomplish this. I understand why Mafia would block this, but it kind of puts a damper on what I'm trying to accomplish. Thankfully, using OCD has prevented much junk from getting into my mall store in the first place so it's not a big deal.

Theraze

Maybe look at the ZapWizard script, which includes a check to see how many of an item has sold over the past week. If there's churn, it doesn't matter quite as much how many are available...

Razorsoup

I believe the script I linked to in the first post also looks to see how many of an item have sold in the last week. I was hoping to use that and the total number of said item in the mall to determine if I want to keep that item in my store. But that's okay, I'll make do with what I have. I'm currently in Ronin so it's not even something I can really mess with right now.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
manageStore does have access to ColdFront sales volume and uses it. I think CFStat is where the code actually resides. I used sales volume because finding out how many are there in the mall was effectively impossible from ash. I also felt that, for the particular application, it didn't matter how many were in the mall because if things were selling then my stuff might eventually sell.

@Razorsoup - thanks for your interest. Feel free to suggest comments and enhancements in the script's thread. Converting it to SVN is on my ToDo list as well as a couple local tweaks that I have not published.