Best Between Battle Script Ever
Ladies and gents, I'm proud to announce the BEST BETWEEN BATTLE SCRIPT EVER! Here's what it does. (Variables mentioned (in this font) can be configured by typing "zlib settingname = value" in the CLI, or by editing your vars_myname.txt file. See what they are set to currently by typing "zlib vars" in the CLI.)
- Like its forbear AutoMCD, if automcd is true, it will automatically adjust your MCD based on your location's safe moxie value for maximum stat gains. Gain a moxie point? Ding! Up goes the MCD. Details below.
- It will intelligently eat fortune cookies for you depending on your location and your current counters. Details below.
- It will use items containing goals. This means you can set "1 black pepper" as a goal in the Black Forest, or even "1 meat engine" as a goal at Degrassi Gnoll. Sweet!
- In the Fun House, it will equip Clownosity items as you get them.
- In the Hidden Hospital, it will equip Surgeonosity items as you get them.
- In the Mob of Zeppelin Protesters, it will create/equip lynyrd items as possible.
- Includes 100% run protection! If you have specified a familiar for is_100_run, it will make sure you are using that familiar.
- It will fight monsteritems that drop goals, including putty monsters, shaking 4-d cameras, and dolphins. This means that if your custom combat script puttied a monster, following that combat this script would automatically keep fighting the putty monster until either goals were met or you ran out of putty uses. It will also fight these monsters if they drop your bounty hunt item, even if it is not explicitly specified as a goal.
- In the case of dolphins, it will also whistle for them if you have no goals specified and the stolen item is worth more than twice the cost of whistling (you can disable this by setting bbb_dolphin_goodies to false).
- If bbb_famitems is true (default is false), it will automatically farm daily familiar drops (mushrooms, absinthe, tokens, etc) by making sure you're always using a familiar with undropped items. Of course, this will have no effect if you have a familiar specified for is_100_run.
- In the FantasyRealm, it will unequip your familiar for you.
Fortune Cookie Details
- BBB will eat cookies for you depending on your auto_semirare setting. There are three valid values:
- "never": BBB will never eat cookies.
- "always": BBB will attempt to eat cookies whenever you have no active Fortune Cookie counters.
- "timely": In tandem with a smart counterScript such as Bale's CounterChecker, this is the optimal method. It will not eat cookies if a) you are not within your semirare window, or b) you are already adventuring in a zone with a "good" semirare (8 different zones, consult the script if you wish to edit these zones).
- For any of these values, you can tell BBB the maximum number of cookie counters you want to be active by adding that number (1-3) to the end. For example, with an auto_semirare setting of "always 1", BBB would eat enough cookies to guarantee that you have only one active Fortune Cookie counter.
- BBB will try to adjust your MCD so that your moxie is threshold lower than the location's safe moxie. Will skip adjusting for locations with no combats, or MCD-sensitive zones (like certain bosses and the Slime Tube).
- The default threshold is 4. To change this, type "zlib threshold = value" or "zlib threshold = up" or "zlib threshold = down" in the CLI. You can keep your MCD maxed by setting this to a ridiculously high value, but it would probably be easier to simply disable automcd and set it manually to 10.
- Generates no server hits unless it actually changes your MCD.
How to use it:
- Install BBB by typing the following in your CLI:
Code:svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bestbetweenbattle/code
- Type "set betweenBattleScript=BestBetweenBattle.ash" in the CLI.
- To disable this script, simply type "set betweenBattleScript=" in the CLI. However, since you can separately disable/enable almost every component of this script using the relevant script setting, I hope this will be an unlikely event.
5.19.08 - ver. 1.0 posted.
5.29.08 - 1.0.1 changes: oops - don't adjust unknown area MCD to 0 if it's already 0.
11.27.08 - Happy Thanksgiving! 1.0.2 changes: don't print anything unless actually changing the MCD. Use "safetyThreshold" setting to allow per-character settings for threshold.
6.14.09 - 1.0.3 changes: move some functions out -- now requires ZLib. Now do once-daily version checking. Account for Hero of the Half-Shell.
7.25.09 - 1.0 changes: It's a new script! Introducing the Best Between Battle Script Ever, with loads of new functionality. Enjoy.
7.28.09 - 1.1 changes: A batch of excellent user-submitted updates! Move auto_mcd() to ZLib. Smash Sonofa Beach gear, apply bbb_miniboss_items to the phylactery, and skip non-mainstat, non-moxie, or small stat gains in the Cyrpt. Thanks Bale and dj_d!
7.31.09 - 1.2 changes: fight putty monsters if they drop your current bounty item, regardless of goals. Fight MechaMechs if you need to.
8.05.09 - 1.3 changes: add haunted library choiceadvs. Don't fight putty monsters if there is a counter expiring or you're Absinthe-Minded < 10.
10.18.09 - 1.4 changes: introduce auto-taming of turtles!! Improve when-to-fight-putty logic. Include more of Bale's changes to the Airship choiceadv. Attempt to maintain diverse base pairs in inventory in the Primordial Soup. Strictly police 100% familiar runs. Improve use of goal-containing items: sped up checking, and now only uses 1 at a time until goals are met, rather than all of them.
11.28.09 - 1.5 changes: add Sea goal-containing items. Automatic dolphin whistling for goals or thingpouches.
12.02/09 - 1.6 changes: smarter dolphin whistling thanks to provocation by Bale.ㅋㅋ Added support for fighting 4-d camera monster. Slight reworking of container item code. Print user-friendly message when adjusting choiceadv.
12.30.09 - 1.7 changes: added handling for planting seeds in Octopus's Garden. Added corpse-looting to Spooky Forest. Use meat stacks and dense meat stacks in HC. Save time in container item code by making it location-sensitive. Use ZLib's new vprint().
1.23.10 - 1.8 changes: use ZLib's new load_current_map(). Add pile of candy to containers.
3.07.10 - 1.9 changes: use ZLib's new has_goal() to drastically simplify use of container items / fighting of monster items. Added Whitey's Grove choiceadv. Slightly reworked fight_items() to make adventures/counter/absinthe-minded checks before fighting any monster item. Consider ULEW's for looting corpses/turtle taming.
4.25.10 - 2.0 changes: has_goal() now returns a float. Yes, major landmark version!
10.19.10 - 2.1 changes: add ability to farm familiar items (automatic familiar swapping). Add smart fortune cookie eating. Totally rework auto-taming to not use goals, and account for taming windows; untested but should be much better. Use best turtle familiar when preparing to tame. Choiceadvs: don't get a picket fence unless it's a goal. Remove Spooky Forest handling for now.
10.20.10 - 2.2 changes: adjust blackberry shoes choiceadv to account for additional choice (galoshes). Don't use pheremones if you'll be unable to tame due to your familiar.
3.13.11 - 2.3 changes: introduced "Reactions" section. Clear checkpoints when swapping familiars. Handle Kegger choiceadv. Equipping pool cue is no longer necessary. Lots of ideas from Bale: Spooky Forest is back. Exchange tokens for tickets if you'll probably need them. Handle Ornate Nightstand choiceadv, Palindome Fleece choiceadv, and new Knob Barracks outfit choiceadv. It's been a while since this was updated, so there are probably some other tweaks which also snuck in there.
3.16.11 - 2.4 changes: closet possibly needed bar skins before adventuring for a spooky sapling. Play smarter with CC for fortune cookie eating.
4.21.11 - 2.5 changes: always use evil eyes in inventory.
8.30.11 - 2.6 changes: tweaks for Bees and Fists, finally. Don't get 'b' Cyrpt items. Don't autosell meat stacks or try to auto-tame Tier 2 or 3 turtles in Fistcore.
7.06.13 - 2.7 changes: Exact names for typed constants. Various other changes which I've not diffed yet -- nor does this incorporate all enhancements suggested in the thread yet. That will come for the SVN release.
8.11.13 - 2.8 changes: Many! Also, BBB is now hosted on SourceForge.
Changes beyond this point may be found on BBB's SourceForge changelog; however, I will continue to make more detailed release notes in this thread.