Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Manuel got some new tricks.

Default Manuel got some new tricks.

KoL now has phylum, element, and initiative as part of Manuel. It seems all the info is there regardless of how many factoids you have. I couldn't find where someone was asking to track init internally in mafia, but it seems like this is a solution.

Mafia already tracks init internally, but the values came from the wiki so there are plenty missing and probably plenty that need fixing. This sounds like something best handled by a script.

You mean importing the initiative/phylum/element values from a well-populated Manuel into monsters.txt via a script?
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

I see that many monsters have "always gets the jump" or "never gets the jump" rather than numbers. What values should be used for those? Modern zombies have a legitimate initiative value of 300. Cunctatitis gives -1000 init. Maybe +/-10000 init?

I might say integer max & min, except if people want to actually code with the value (from the proxy field, I assume. We have one?) that would be unwieldy. +/-10000 would work.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah-nagl fhtagn.

Developer

I have a reasonably well populated Manuel, am missing two Hellseals, three Pickle Factory Monsters, Scholar path boss and Dad. I should get Scholar path boss this weekend, though.

I won't be able to work on this til after the weekend, but can work on a script next week if no one comes forward in the meantime.

Manuel will have everything for me except Wu Tang and Dad in a few days. I should have a script within a few days if no one gets to it sooner.

I'll throw my hat in here, as I am working on an update to my manual tracking script, and may need to parse all the manuel data to update my data map to get it all working again. I'll post here if/when it is cmoplete.

Developer

Am actually making reasonable progress. Have parsed my manuel, and got a spreadsheet, and got the most recent monsters.txt I could find from the latest changes. Now facing a few decision points.

Firstly, shall we use the Manuel Phylum names or the current ones ? ie. Manuel has dude, Mafia has humanoid. Manuel has humanoid, Mafia has demihuman. Manuel has construct, Mafia has object. Manuel has elf, Mafia has crimbo. Manuel has weird, Mafia has strange.

Secondly, do we just want an output of monsters.txt lines that need updating? Shouldn't be hard to do.

I believe what happens generally when 'official canon' information is made available is that it replaces the current mafia info, but Veracity or one of the senior developers would need to be the person to make that call in this case.