Feature Feature request: Load in web browser with no frills

Paragon

Can we put a button or a menu item that would work like Load in web browser, but it would ignore all your override, and options settings that cause any changes to kol, a "load as a normal browser" would see it button? I don't know if there is any auto processing that options can't prevent, but either way it would be annoying to have to turn all those options off, then turn them back on how you had them previously to achieve the same effect and it would be pretty simple to add a flag that if set just returns the raw html received. I also don't know if all data processing is done before rewriting output or if some data is processed, then some content changed, then more data processed then more content updates etc... or not... but even if it is the second case it would be ok for the data processing to be lost, sometimes when I am seeing something weird, I like to see Kol directly which means i have to log out, log-in not using mafia, then back and forth... which is a pain.

xKiv

I think you can see unadorned pages with the minibrowser? At least without relay scripts. So something like this might be possible.

Catch-22

What are you asking for/expecting that is not currently available in the mini-browser?

Well just about any reason why you would use a full featured web browser instead of the mini-browser is probably valid. The main one I can see that affects KoLmafia users would be an easy way to view the unmodified source of the HTML for ASH scripting purposes (eg. relay overrides) without having to log out of KoLmafia and log in to vanilla KoL.

Personally, I probably wouldn't find this feature useful, though.

xKiv

... an easy way to view the unmodified source of the HTML ...

Isn't there a CLI command to print a text result of hitting an URL? Or does that do some fancy formatting too?
(alternatively, wouldn't enabling debug for the one page hit print the text into debug log somewhere?)

Winterbay

Isn't there a CLI command to print a text result of hitting an URL? Or does that do some fancy formatting too?
(alternatively, wouldn't enabling debug for the one page hit print the text into debug log somewhere?)

Not without a lot of other information (such as relay scripts) and so on being added as well I think.

nworbetan

I've never worked with relay overrides, but I've attempted to match mafia's html decorations (specifically the -->arrows<-- when pouring wine) by capturing the return of visit_url("manor3.php?place=goblet"), and I came away from that failed attempt with the idea that the output of visit_url() isn't decorated at all.

Catch-22

Not one that I know of, visit_url does some very basic rendering, it doesn't show HTML source.

alternatively, wouldn't enabling debug for the one page hit print the text into debug log somewhere?

If you enable "verbosely log communication between kolmafia and browser" then yes, it does log the HTTP traffic quite well in the debug log.

Edit: For clarification, "verbosely log communication between kolmafia and browser" is somewhat misleading, it actually logs the communication between kolmafia and the kol servers. If it didn't, the communication would show decorated responses (which it doesn't).

The underlying text of visit_url isn't decorated, but if you do "ashq print(visit_url("topmenu.php"));" in the CLI, all the whitespace becomes minified, so it's not ideal to use for that purpose.

Last edited: