Feature - Rejected Mafia to include trophies in its internal data

matt.chugg

Personally I don't need it to know which ones you have and don't have, but it could be useful (to me and a script I'm writing) if Mafia had an internal list of trophies, including trophy name, image name and maybe a short requirement description as proxy records. I believe BCC has a lot of the work done in the snapshot data files, and adding new trophies should be a trivial task, similar to updating monsters, items etc

I believe mafia hits the profile on login, so may even be able to determine which trophies one already has, but as mentioned above this isn't all that important to me at this time, but may be useful later.

If one of the (wonderful, kind-hearted, awesome etc) Devs needs me to do any data collation in order to make this a reality, I'm very happy to help.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I believe mafia hits the profile on login, so may even be able to determine which trophies one already has, but as mentioned above this isn't all that important to me at this time, but may be useful later.

Your profile only shows trophies that you want shown there. For a complete list of trophies that you have, you need to load trophies.php, which only serves that one purpose.

roippi

Developer
Well we're certainly not hitting trophies.php on login for this.

Is an incomplete list of trophies useful to anyone?

matt.chugg

Well we're certainly not hitting trophies.php on login for this.

Is an incomplete list of trophies useful to anyone?

I definitely don't want to add another server hit, any request to that page can be done using a script.

I just thought a map of trophies that could be accessed with file_to_map would be useful to people other than me. (I'm working on a script that would find it useful, but if necessary I can have external data).

roippi

Developer
oh I misunderstood what you were requesting. You want a trophies.txt data file.

Mafia itself would actually never use it, and the maintenance burden of up-keeping a file that we don't actually use seems far too high, however 'easy' it may seem.

Darzil

Developer
I guess it'd be useful if there were several areas that mafia could use it in. Recently noticed for example that carboloading warns you if you are about to eat pasta before getting the trophy if you have less than 10 days of carboloading. It also warns you once you have the trophy, which it could not, if it had this file and used it. That's horribly niche, of course, and not worth it for that alone.

Theraze

Except that a data file wouldn't help that... that would be helped by what roippi thought initially, not what matt.chugg actually requested. And what roippi thought initially would only be useful if it were the full set of information, not just the ones the player elected to display. So... we're back to this not being useful. :)