Mafia gets stuck whilst logging in

Aenimus

Hi,

I moved 2 days ago and today I tried to fire up Mafia. It gets stuck on examining my closet (which is empty) every time. Usually when mafia does not work I end the processes through task manager, but that didn't work this time either. I restarted my laptop... same problem.

I would like to emphasise that no changes in settings or firewall etc have been made. Just location.

I then downloaded the newest build, same problem. I isolated it in its own folder; it created the folders as expected and then became stuck on "log in request".

I was using Java 6 until this point, so I downloaded 7 and did everything again. No cigar.

Few more tries: Mafia 15.7.exe gets stuck on closet, newest build.jar gets stuck on familiar data.

I really don't know what to do and would appreciate any help to resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Catch-22

It gets stuck on examining my closet (which is empty) every time.

Can you visit the closet when logging in normally? (without KoLmafia).

Have you tried putting something IN your closet?

Can you turn debugging on AND "verbosely log communication..." in the settings, then try logging in?

(Hint: To access the graphical CLI before logging in, you can select it from the "General" drop down menu.)

Aenimus

I visited my closet without KoL Mafia, appaprently I had 4 personal massagers in there. I took them out and tried to log in again. Still gets stuck. I started debugging with verbose and used the CLI. I put something in the equipment section of my closet but couldn't access the miscellaneous section.

Thanks for helping thus far!

EDIT: Interestingly, now that I have consumables in my closet, it gets stuck on consumables.

EDIT2: With NOTHING in my closet it gets stuck on familiar data...

Last edited:

Aenimus

Changed my ethernet cable and now I can log on, but when I try to go to my inventory it just loads and loads and never gets there... What could that be?

EDIT: Uninstalled Java 7. Go figure.

Last edited: